FREE CREAM - The Shave Cream Challenge

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Vlasta, May 24, 2017.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

:happy093:

Vlasta likes this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'll take your word for it. It was driving me crazy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vlasta likes this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

4. SharptoothC

Jim99, Vlasta, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

:happy097:

Vlasta likes this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just got finished using sample I for a three pass face shave. That is tied with H for the best of ones of the sample lot so for. Thick, slick and lovely lather. Heck I'm buying me some of those two definitely when I find out the reveal.

Vlasta, Keithmax and Spyder like this.
  7. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Couldn't resist but do a three pass head shave with sample J. The scent smells to me like burnt sugar/cinnamon with maybe a hint of floral to it. That's just my nose picking this up! I found the sample very well performing. I'm liking the last few creams the most. Wonderful shave!

Jim99, Vlasta, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Making progress, used sample "E" today.

:signs011:

:smiley respect: Tabac :git::git:

Linuxguile, Vlasta, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  9. SharptoothC

K was on the table today. I liked this one a lot. Light pleasant scent, great slick lather. The consistency of the soap was different than all the others. No clue what it is, but this is a possible buy for me.

Linuxguile, Keithmax, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Different strokes......this was my least favorite so far. I think the final results may be very interesting, once they’re all in.

11. SharptoothC

From a scent or function perspective?

Keithmax, Spyder and Vlasta like this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I just went back to look at my results and I see that I didn’t care for K either. It wasn’t bad, just not on my “buy” list.

It’s interesting that some soaps we all seem to agree on and others we all have different responses. Everyone has different tastes. That’s what really makes this so intriguing.

13. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I didn’t like the scent at all, and I gigged it on lathering, because it was too “soap like”. Did I get decent shave results? Yes.

Linuxguile, Keithmax and Vlasta like this.
  14. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

29F48BBE-052A-4CBB-A832-54306FF19057.jpeg

Sample J. I liked the scent quite a bit. I definitely get a little cinnamon, and something else. It was fairly slick and lots of cushion.

Linuxguile, Vlasta, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  15. Keithmax

Today I used 'F', nice scent but it did not perform great for me. Still trying to catch up with everyone.

ID - 1.jpg

Spyder, Linuxguile, Vlasta and 2 others like this.
  16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I’ve only completed four. I started at L and am working backwards. I complete the sample before moving on. I’m to indecisive to make an assessment after one shave.

Linuxguile, Jim99 and Keithmax like this.
  17. Keithmax

I’m a 4 pass shaver and load heavy so I do a small test lather the night before then use it in the morning for my shave. That uses up most of the sample.

Vlasta, Spyder and Jim99 like this.
  18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I just used H this morning. I was skeptical about getting enough lather with the sample size. Was I wrong! It started out wet, but quickly built into a nice thick lather. Enough for a three pass shave without any problem. The scent reminds me of “earth” or dirt, if you will. I’d buy this one in a heartbeat:). Like several others the lather must be slick enough for straight shaving. There is no room for thick pastey lather. So far I haven’t run into a show stopper on that front. Scent is a different matter;)

Vlasta, Jim99 and mrchick like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I used K this morning. Very soapy smelling. Performance was OK. I wouldn't say a stand out, but certainly good enough for my SR shave this morning.

mrchick, Jim99, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  20. Keithmax

G is in the books. Very slick and well suited for straights.

Jim99 and Spyder like this.