What's for breakfast?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Dec 4, 2017.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Last two mornings I've had kippers and cream cheese, minced onion and chives on GF crackers, coffee on the side. Very filling and satisfying. Brunswick's Golden Smoked kippers, in the black and gold wrapper, are excellent. Bar Harbor's are too.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Breakfast is pretty simple for me. I really enjoy a bowl of Special K with low-fat milk. But every once in a while, when my husband is not working, we will make a nice bacon & egg breakfast, with Applewood-smoked bacon, from Amish country in PA. (We visit there often and travel with a big cooler.)

dustmite and gorgo2 like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I love kippers. I always keep a couple tins in my lunchbox for those days when pickings are slim. I also love to mix it like tuna salad for sandwiches.

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Don't know about kippers....going to have to look those up.

On work mornings I normally have cereal, usually Raisin Bran or Frosted Mini Wheats with 2% milk. Sometimes I'll go down to the cafeteria and grab something. I get to work early and eat in my office before school starts.

Weekends or when I'm home I normally don't eat much breakfast.

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Been doing this about once a week.

Big muffin pan, each hole lined with sliced ham. Drop in shredded cheese, crack an egg in each, top with more cheese, then real bacon bits. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I don't but I imagine you could then slap it on a toasted buttered English muffin.

PLAla likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I want to try them with that garden herb cream cheese. Bet it goes well.

PLAla likes this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

They're mildly fishy, not strong at all, but the smoked are the best imo. It was lunch today.

PLAla likes this.