What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Today goes to my 7 year old son.

My mother had a stroke last September and is in rough shape, I was laid off in March, divorced in April and exwifes dad who lived a few blocks away died last month. So two grandparents go down and his parents split up.

This kid has had his share of crap the last year.

Litle guy lives with me and after helping me with chores he went out in the snow. I was sick all week but just started a new job on Monday. Well, it caught up to him. He got real sick after dinnertime. I got him in the shower and changed his linens. Always makes me feel better. Got him some pepto and childrens tylenol in him then another shower.

Get him in bed and he tells me "thank you for taking care of me"

So, my manly thing was seeing my son have the fortitude to weather some very difficult times while remaining polite and appreciative.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung S8+

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Made a DIY TV antenna.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'd say that both you AND your son get "Man of the Week" for this.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, mrchick and 6 others like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Great kid.

Really great Dad.

AGHisBBS, jaxstraww, richgem and 2 others like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I agree. Praying for both of them.

PickledNorthern and jaxstraww like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I agree with @Sara-s, @PickledNorthern and @mrchick ... You done good Dad!

I have two sons of my own. Funny they know when times are tough, but they watch you to see how you handle it and where you gather you strength from to carry on. These times, when you persevere and stay close to God, will shape you and him for the future.

Prayers and God bless.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  7. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I didn't feel all that great this morning, but I got up, shaved, showered, and got dressed and went to church anyway. Once there, I put on a happy face and acted like I was 100%

BigMike, AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've been there. :happy088:

9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I did all my manly stuff yesterday...finished the curtains in my campervan, then picked up 5 tons of leaves from the stupid Arizona ash in the front yard, another ton from the equally stupid tallaberry tree (Chinese tallow for those of y'all outside the borders of Texas) in the backyard, and mowed. I did go grocery shopping today, folded (most of) my laundry, and cooked some chops & chicken legs for my work lunches for the next five days. Other than that, it's my one day of rest.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and GatorJoe like this.
  10. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I changed out the blower motor fan assembly in my wife’s Prius. 3 hours under the passenger dash. I was a contortionist today. Now I’m having a cigar by the fire pit. I figure I saved about $300 at Christmas time so I’m very happy.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I also have an Arizona Trash tree. It grew quickly and we got decent shade after only a few years, but I don't care for it. Weak branches are always breaking and falling.

'65 G-Slim and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I got to my part time job at 6 and left at noon. Next week I'm starting 5 to 11 instead. Now I got to get to bed because my real job starts at 6 every morning Monday through Friday. Don't know if it's manly but its necessary.

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I bought a 32 inch wood burning fire pit today. Myself and the girls of my family made a roaring fire. We roasted Hot Dogs on sticks, and finished off with Smores. We stayed outside for several hours, and the girls had a wonderful time. The 11 yr old told me that this made her day, "The best day ever". She has at least one or two of these days a week. It made me feel good. It's not often you can hold the attention of a 17 hr old, for more that 15 minutes.

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's sad when you get older... I'm kinda struggling to remember my last "best day ever." :(

AGHisBBS, DaltonGang and Erik Redd like this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It was probably when you learned to fly........ Oh, wait. Never mind.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:angry017:

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  17. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I’m gonna be grilling up some pork sausage for lunch from a wild boar I hunted last Sunday.

DaltonGang, AGHisBBS, Sara-s and 2 others like this.
  18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Replaced the side view mirror on my wife's car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Demo'd the master bath for a remodel.

AGHisBBS and DaltonGang like this.
  20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nope. Sorry. No pics, didn't happen. :D

Erik Redd, richgem and GarnerPW like this.