How's your day? December 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Dec 1, 2017.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Deep breaths, Luke! (Don't you hate it when people tell you that? ;) )
    Everything's gonna be fine.

AGHisBBS, lradke and mrchick like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Father, bless Luke with a peace that can only come from You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Reminder - take a look under your avatar. :)

lradke, mrchick and richgem like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Best wishes Luke. I’m praying for you.

lradke likes this.
  4. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

So how did it go? Just remember...Confidence goes a long way!! You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lradke likes this.
  5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

It went amazing! All of did was wash a front loader all day (from a feed lot...it was nasty!!). Then I helped another tech get his hammer hoisted in a crane and ready to work on.

Oh! I also learned how to drive a paver and the front loader! I also got a decent toolbox for $50, 6 drawers I believe...so yeah, the stress ended around 11am, by the afternoon I was just one of the guys having fun! I can't believe I get paid for this! It was definitely a right move for me, professionally! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Woohooo! Yeah!

lradke likes this.
  7. swarden43

Great to hear, Luke! And here's :eatdrink047: to it only getting better.

lradke likes this.
  8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I should travel less; it's making me grumpy!

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

@lradke Great news! :D

--

lradke likes this.
  10. swarden43

Another day closer! :happy093:

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The flu got me ... high fever, and feeling like a wet rag.

--

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Closer to what? :)

--

13. swarden43

Well, since you asked...
    Jesus is coming! :bounce015::happy108:

lradke likes this.
  14. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Ahh :)

I already wish you a very happy Christmas then!

--

15. swarden43

Thank you.
    And a very merry Christmas to you, as well!

Eeyore likes this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Living the dream.... We got hit by a particularly nasty bit of ransomware at work. It encrypted all the files on one of my servers, destroyed SQL server, my backup, and completely obliterated my AV.

I noticed it yesterday morning about 7:30 AM and didn't leave work until near midnight. Back in at 6am today and still getting through it. Luckily I backup daily and will be able to restore all our with minimal impact to my coworkers without losing much of anything or paying those f***ing f***s a single bitcoin.

If you haven't done so recently and value your data, back it up regularly....

AGHisBBS, Eeyore and Erik Redd like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We got back from a trip to PA last night. I was there for a tournament. I got off to a weak start, but rallied toward the end, getting a final score of 476. Not my best, but not bad, given my start. (Also I had fun, as usual.). We REALLY enjoyed the heated seats (or Tushy Toasters, as we call them) in my car. It snowed a bit. Not so much as to make the drive unduly difficult, so were found ourselves in a snow-dusted farm community. The scenery was stunning.

18. swarden43

Me and the pastors of our church have been sharing on the different aspects of Jesus from Isaiah's prophecy in 9:6-7. Today I have the privilege of sharing on the Everlasting Father.

mrchick likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not a good ending to today-after a trip to the P.O. to mail some X-mas cards, my "Check Engine" light came on on the way home. Two lucky breaks though-my mechanic man can see me tomorrow first thing, and it is relatively close to my apt. But I decided to pass on the gym today-didn't want to take a chance driving with the light on. Did a few upper-body stretches to make up for it(helps, but it ain't the real thing).

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

This may sound like a joke, but a check engine light can be caused by something as simple as a loose gas cap. If you've just recently filled up, check the cap to make sure it's on tight. Then crank the car to see if the light resets.

lradke, AGHisBBS, mrchick and 2 others like this.