Anti Cartridge

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Marine68, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

Are you anti cartridge? I have been DE shaving off and on I fully converted to DE and use nothing else. Prior to full conversion I would be lazy and use a cartridge. I started feeling like I was cheating myself out of a great shave all because I was taking the quickest, easiest way. I guess I have become a snob and now I am anti cartridge. I will never go back to that sort of blade. I will eventually get a very nice SR and use it on occasion as a tribute to the shave gods.

2. ajc347

ajc347 Well-Known Member

I still use carts reasonably regularly for head shaving (along with DE's & SE's) and occasionally use them on my face as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allyourbase likes this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

First rule of having cart guys around........

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It's your shave. Enjoy it your way.

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I don't use carts any more, but if I had to use one, it would be the Bic Hybrid 3. I used if for a few years before going back to DE razors. In my opinion, it shaved better and closer than the Gillette Fusions I had used. Not to mention much cheaper and I got more shaves per blade. It was the only disposable that I would get a BBS shave from. I might even buy another one to keep in case I have to go away for a couple of days...........

91sPEGdLmtL._SL1500_.jpg

EnglishChannel likes this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Nothing beats a DE shave for me, but carts are OK for a quick, easy shave or for air travel with only a carry-on bag.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Years ago I got a cart in the mail with 5 refills, I used them, saw the price of getting more and went back to disposables. I am now 100% SE or DE and wouldn't shave with anything else.
    So, yes, I'm anti-cartridge, canned goo and a plastic handled doo dad just ain't shavin'!

Marine68 likes this.
  8. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I'd rather look like a bum.

Marine68 likes this.
  9. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I'm anti-cart. For me they mean irritation and bumps. DE's give me the shave I want without the problems. I know that others have a different experience and I encourage everyone to do what works for them.

Keithmax and Marine68 like this.
  10. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

TobyC likes this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Track II for my scalp and will likely use it for travel from now on. Upcoming trip to Vietnam in March.

EnglishChannel and wristwatchb like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I will use Trac II and Atra blades.

13. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

:signs011:
    I prefer SE and DE shaving, but I don't look at carts as less than shaving. Remember what opinions are likened to...

14. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

But I always agree with all of my opinions!

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I made the break two weeks after picking up my first DE and never went back.

Marine68 and Keithmax like this.
  16. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I'm not against carts, as long as others are using them. No sir, I would never put a cart on my face again for as long as I live. If nothing else is available, I'll grow a beard.

17. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Cart users are like gingers. Both soulless.

I kid I kid. I've used them for traveling. I try and avoid them though, not so much for the price but for the environmentally unfriendly nature of them. Trying to reduce my plastic consumption.

The Gillette Guard though is a good one.

18. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Ah, it warms my soul to see misguided snobbery is alive and well on TSD! I thought TSD was better than that.

LevelupShaves likes this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Still shave the back of my neck with my wife's Trac II disposable in the shower...Don't tell her! :rolleyes005:

wristwatchb likes this.
  20. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

For me, this whole shaving "thing" is about the current re-discovery of the way shaving used to be. The razors and all the related shaving things that were used by our fathers and grandfathers. The carts and throwaways are what we are supposed to be getting away from. Speaking of new fangled crap should be met with violence and hatred! OK, maybe not, but we wouldn't be here if all there was was carts and disposables.

Marine68 likes this.