The Haul: January 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2017.

1. brit

brit in a box

haul4.jpg haul3.jpg hello fello shavers,been busy for a while.just scored a gillette new criterion with case and holder, and a 48-50 aristocrat,and an m-4 (birthyear and quarter )slim adjustable.all razors are in very nice condition.the aristocrat and slim shave awesome.haven t used the new deluxe yet. take care all ,gary

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

These Barrel Brushes are AMAZING! Dang, very solid and priced right. IMG_20180118_115706896~01.jpg

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Where did you score them?

4. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Thry look like the ones from Italian Barber .. ??

Enrico likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thanks. :happy088:

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    In a day before expected. my J.A. Henckels Rapide. I was pleasantly surprised that it included three wedges along with the stropping handle.

IMG_6182.JPG

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A good day's haul.

Three new Trac II ten cart packs at Goodwill, $4.99 each.

Stalag 17
    DVD (just watched it for the first time, good movie...I seriously didn't suspect Price) and Rustler's Rhapsody, also one I've never seen before.

A partly full gold horsehead bottle of MacGregor Shave Lotion. Scent is faded but seems to have been kinda floral ... lilac? ... once upon a time. 99 cents.

drum roll...

And a near-mint and complete Pyrex glass percolator with stem, filter and all, $10. For years I've had my eye out for one, they've always been incomplete or way overpriced. Guess how I'm making coffee in the morning. Go on, guess.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Two splashes from Italian Barber: Blue Barbershop and Zi'Peppino. Also a few samples from a trade with @Tiredricefarmer: Chiseled Face Sherlock, Viking Citron, Big Easy 221B Baker Street, and Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman. Always fun to get packages in the mail!

IMG_2149.JPG

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Mail call today. Cased Gem Clog Pruf, needs a good cleaning. Cased Ever-Ready Lather Catcher, case needs work. Cased Gem Damaskeene and spare Damaskeene case with Damaskeene blade bank. Between the two I should be able to put together a passable case. The other will be modified for another razor. A cheap razor and a sh....., oops I mean and a boat load of Wen DE blades.........

20180120_162942_preview.jpg

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Didn't happen....but close.

AGHisBBS and Linuxguile like this.
  11. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

My wonderful wife sent my 9/8 Joseph Elliot Chopper for a clean up and resale. Scales are striped horn and the wedge is mammoth bone.

It shaves like a dream and plowed through 3 days growth like I was just cleaning off the lather.... I'm in love!

Before and After photos included.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Better pictures after the overhaul.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Those cheap razors at least have a nice handle. I hope you know when to say when on your Wen's. :happy097:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    AGHisBBS, Linuxguile and RyX like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Cool looking cheese knife! :eek:

:happy102:

Just kidding ... sweet straight!

Dansco, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's a nice haul there, Jim.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank's Jim.

17. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

So a few things arrived this weekend. Here are some of the highlights:

Got a package with five vintage ceramic blade banks; two Listerine Shaving Cream Frogs, one Listerine Shaving Cream Elephant, one Listerine Shaving Cream Donkey, and one unbranded green safe. I have the rest still wrapped up but here is the Frog:
    IMG_20180120_184059_929.jpg IMG_20180120_184203_549.jpg
    The other cool/unique thing that came with them was a set of Doll House shaving items including: two Straight Razors, a Safety Razor, a Brush, two Mugs, Old Spice stuff, even a Sink and Mirror... Also to put size in perspective; the two guys are not even as thick as a dime.
    IMG_20180120_183641_548.jpg

The second package had an Old Spice Brush and another unmarked but nearly identical Brush. When I got it the brushes were together. But on the Old Spice Brush I could feel that the ferrule was loose. So I gave it a light tug and the whole thing popped off. No biggy tho as I was planning on replacing the Knot.
    IMG_20180120_184407_561.jpg IMG_20180120_185621_710.jpg

18. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Talk about SE! I think I see a nice looking White and Blue brush back there too.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Very nice haul!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

That’s daaamn cool !!

Dansco likes this.