Does anyone use a new DE razor every shave?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by James_P, Dec 31, 2017.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

That's great that you can get a weeks worth of shaves out of a blade when you shave both your head and face. When I shaved my head I either used a Schick Hydro, or my Braun Series-5 shaver. Always got bbs, with the Braun with no nicks. And my aftershave's never burned when I applied them.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

James_P likes this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Some of us can get pretty close to this. That's why I decided I needed to spread the wealth. I could go a third of a year without repeating a razor *whistle*.

Razorhound and LuvWetShavin like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Coated blades are maximally sharp on second or third use. One and done makes no sense unless sharp is not what you want.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Now that is a razor collection! My wife and some of my in laws think I am a nut job for having around 30.

5. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

I think he was making a joke about someone thinking he was talking actual razors rather than blades.....I think. But then again being easily confused is in my nature.:shocked029:

James_P likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Love the avatar!!

Razorhound likes this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Correct Jared,
    I am currently about a month into a Personna 74 Tungsten blade. For me this is unheard of. No hand stropping in between shaves. I am going to use it until it doesn't perform anymore. The blade is about as personal as it gets in wet shaving, after all, this is where the "rubber meets the road". If you want to change blades daily, I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.