The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

That’s pretty, but hurts the headache I’m trying to part ways with.:angry032:

PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

What a great soap! I am reminded about how good Stirling is when I come back to them after being away for a few shaves. Hopefully I never stray too far, but this Lemon Chill was superb today.

[​IMG]

3. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I hear you my friend! I just got back from a 3 week trip and just had to go full tilt for Mr welcome home shave. This is starting to be a tradition for me

Stirling Gentleman is my absolute favorite scent! I wonder if Rod could add some menthol to it....Northern Gentlman anyone [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Sparrow, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  4. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Today was the fresh green scent and icy perfection of Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo. What a great way to start the week!!!

ezlovan, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It sure felt great to use some Stirling stuff after almost a week. I'll admit gladly these South African soaps are awesome but NOTHING comes close to Stirling. The Glacial Black Cherry froze the daylights out of me! Lolllll

One scent I love so much is Sharp Dressed Man!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I thinkl that's why I may very well give SDM another chance next year...when I got it as part of 4 sample aftershaves from Doc&Nurse Ezlovan, I had a higher expectation of it than turned out to be. Not that I didn't like it, I suppose I was just a bit disappointed. But it was nice.

ezlovan, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Paul Turner

When I go to Colorado in June, I will be without Stirling. I'll feel then as you do now, I'm sure

ezlovan, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Wednesday morning - the delightful Gin & Tonic on the Rocks!

ezlovan and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Gonna try something the next time I pull out my Stoylin Spice combo.....Use the Clubman Country Club in the shower for shampoo. The scents aren't that different from one-another.

ezlovan, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  10. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir!

ezlovan and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Latherin’ Luddite

I used Cella applied by a Lil’ Brudder and my new Mamba loaded with a Feather for a whole week.............toying with the 30 day idea. I just couldn’t go longer than that without a Stirling shave! So last night it was Executive Man with a broken in Omega 10066 and my Merkur 1904 with a Kai. My face felt so happy!

ezlovan, Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  12. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Gin and Tonic on the Rocks was my soap for today. Love the menthol and the juniper scent is coming around.

ezlovan and Yehuda D like this.
  13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Executive Man today. [​IMG]

14. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Just ordered a puck of Baker Street and Executive Man. My first Stirling try of Stirling soaps. I have been using Barrister and Mann (Seville) and enjoy it very much. I will be using a '36-'37 Gillette New and also a 1947-48 Gillette Aristocrat. Both with Astra SP blades. Can't wait for the new soaps to get here.

ezlovan, Linuxguile, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  15. Latherin’ Luddite

I love Baker Street. I have a very mild reaction to one of the ingredients, but not enough to stop me from enjoying a great soap.

16. Yehuda D

The Gin & Tonic on the Rocks soap delivered its wonderful lemon/lime-scented lather and worked its menthol magic for me so beautifully. I could kick myself in the tukhis for only buying one container of it this past summer!

My next Stirling morning will be Saturday with Electric Sheep!

17. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Iced Pineapple soap, Iced Pinapple aftershave left me cool but I tend to use a balm so I followed up with some EM PSB and had breakfast in Aventus heaven. Left the house with a spritz of Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man cologne to keep the scent all day.

Happy V Day everyone!

18. Yehuda D

Two, well actually three soaps I should use more often are:

Electric Sheep (going with it Saturday)
    Sharp Dressed Man (its scent drives me crazy)
    Barbershop (another scent that I love)

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Since it’s Valentine’s Day, I opted for a cologne scent...........Executive Man, with matching balm. Applied with a Stirling boar, and removed with a Merkur 1904 and KAI.

20. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

My beautiful wife gifted me with the Stirling white synthetic brush and sample aftershave of dunshire, sharp dressed man, sandpiper and baker st. She also got me the 3D Edwin Jagger razor. Had a great shave with Dunshire and the brush, my first synthetic, lathered really well and was very pleasant feeling.