The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

MY take is the tobacco scent is up front and detracts a little. It’s not a pipe tobacco smell to my nose. It’s a fresh tobacco I guess.........I think I read that. I love the pipe/humidor smell but I was disappointed with Gentleman. My wife accuses me of having a deaf nose...........at least in certain spectrums, so as always, YMMV.

2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thorough review. You have really enabled my buying disorder. I'm definitely going to have to get this one. Probably my Father's day request .

ezlovan and Yehuda D like this.
  3. Latherin’ Luddite

Baker Street is a wonderful scent.

B&M Seville does smell sensational. In my opinion, Sterling Piacenza and Arkadia most closely match it. The are homages of Parma and TDH respectively, while Executive Man is a Creed homage. EM soap, balm, and Fine Platinum all stack nicely.

RazoRock’s Son of Zeus works with Arkadia, Piacenza and Seville for the most part. At least that’s how I remember it while away from home right now.

ezlovan, Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  4. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

I use the same after shave balm. I have the dreaded sensitive skin tough beard affliction. It really works well after a BBS shave.

ezlovan, Yehuda D and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  5. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

yeah, that stuff is great!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

6. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Another day, Another Sterling - Frozen Tundra. Another great shave...

7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday Madness at its best with the Glacial Lemon Chill trio and the Arctique.

ezlovan, Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  8. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Sounds invigorating

9. Yehuda D

It sure is! loll

ezlovan likes this.
  10. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I used Sterling soaps about 5 years ago. I thought they smelled of base ingredients and the lather was thin and difficult to maintain. Flash forward to tonight when I tried a sample of present day Sterling....it appears Stirling has evolved and their new formula works MUCH better.

It was actually good!
    I might have to revisit their site and place an order for a puck or two.

11. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Glacial Spearmint cooled me off for a day that will reach in the upper 50's.
    Unfortunately, I got an extra close shave yesterday and got a bit irritated today. It was a close call but I opted to shave instead of skipping. 3 passes might have been overdoing it a bit but the lather, scent and chill were so good, I just had to continue.

Love a close shave to start the day...

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  12. Latherin’ Luddite

Anyone else use their extra lather as an Aftershave balm while rinsing out their brush and razor?

Sometimes a great Stirling lather deserves more than being rinsed down the drain.

PLAla likes this.
  13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Yes, I'll do that from time to time. Stirling soaps are great for that. I also like using Mitchell's Wool Fat in this manner.

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Everyone's been talkinabout Mitchell's Wool Fat...perhaps I should add that to my 2019 shopping list.

PLAla likes this.
  15. Latherin’ Luddite

For sure.

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Yehuda D

Rod worked so hard at re-vamping his formulas. He nailed perfection!

17. Yehuda D

Friday morning I have the Frozen Tundra booked!

18. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Today was Glacial Wintergreen and I think this is the end of my Stirling soaps for a little while. Off to the soaps in the bottom drawer. Then again, with so many Stirling, it won't be long before they come back into the rotation.

I prefer Spearmint (an I would even prefer Peppermint but it is not offered in a Stirling soap) but Wintergreen was a nice chilling soap.

PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I too used Wintergreen today, but only because it's unseasonably warm.

Yehuda D likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

I should have used it too because it's going to be in the 50's here. Tomorrow they're calling for colder weather.