The Haul: March 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Is it this one?
    1940s thin handle Tech in Bakelite England.JPG

preidy, Jorvaljr, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

razor looks the same. the mr razor site shows a # 44 thin handle tech and a #44 thick handle one ,both in similar cases so i ruled it out as a travel version. maybe its just a heres your choice of handles marketing.

jimjo1031, RyX and Enrico like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

think i have this conversation going on 2 or 3 different threads.sorry everyone.i ll go back to the favourite tech thread, gary

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

jimjo1031 and Edison Carter like this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

jimjo1031 and Edison Carter like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

For those interested, there is a thread running under Safety Razors called:
    Focus Dynamic 1/2 DE Single Edge Razor!
    I believe this tool has some potential for controversy with some, because it is different, and reportedly needs to be used differently. See you there.

Jorvaljr, jimjo1031, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  8. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received a new Wolf Whiskers brush and she is a beauty. I must use it tomorrow and try it out. Peter does some great work and it was well worth the wait!
    Steve

IMG_8889.jpg
    IMG_8890.jpg
    IMG_8907.jpg
    IMG_8908.jpg

Jayaruh, preidy, Misphit and 17 others like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

When it rains, sometimes it pours. I also received a vintage Eclipse Red Ring today. She shows a little wear, but looks in overall excellent condition. I want to use her tomorrow morning so bad, but will wait to give her my maiden voyage this weekend when I do not have any possibility to feel rushed. I never used an Eclipse before so I hope she shaves as good as she looks. I did not test the magnet on the handle base but will play more on the weekend. The razor came with a small brown case in fairly good condition, with a bit of the threading gone. Nevertheless it looks fine and will still hold the razor. I like the way Eclipse is embossed on the surface. I cleaned the razor up, but honestly she came very clean. The pictures on the wood table were as received and the ones with the white background were after cleaning. My lame pictures do not do this baby justice either because of poor lighting or odd reflections. What looks as flaws or wear, for the most part are just dark reflections on the shiny guards.
    Steve

IMG_8898.jpg
    IMG_8900.jpg
    IMG_8903.jpg
    IMG_8910.jpg
    IMG_8911.jpg

Jayaruh, preidy, Misphit and 18 others like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

jimjo1031, RyX and Smooth Steve like this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Thanks Enrico. You hit it on the head. I don't have a beehive and I like that design, and wanted to mix it into a longer handle to highlight the color mixing. I really like it.
    Steve

jimjo1031, RyX and Enrico like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Beautiful brush.....but it is dull compared to that Superior!!

jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

From Jared PickledNorthern.gif In a thoughtful & high powered Enabler move, Jared @PickledNorthern sent a sample of a seasonal Stirling soap I've wanted to try - Glastonbury! It's the tallow, lanolin, ans shea butter base of all their great soaps and scented patchouli, lavender, oakmoss, lichen, frankincense, and vetiver. The Port-Au-Prince is Haitian Vetiver and lemongrass. A bonus included in the package from Rod & Mandy's shop - I haven't used Stirling bath soaps yet. Curious about Satsuma that's mandarins & oriental spices.

I've got a couple other samples as part of a trade with James @LOOT that haven't been tried. Gatlinburg described as cedarwood, lavender, bergamot, balsam, lichen, musk, black pepper, sage, and cade. Stirling Gentleman is tobacco, vanilla, amber, and musk. A third seems to be discontinued and not listed on the website; Autumn Glory is available through West Coast Shaving, and described as musky and woodsy with just a hint of pepper and apple.

I may let the Arko shave stick set for a while. ;)

Jayaruh, Misphit, Timwcic and 11 others like this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Something to keep me busy for a couple of days..............

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

So is the knot still feel pretty solid ... it looks actually nice.

RyX, SpeedyPC, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I think it hasn't even been used yet. The brush as a whole seems to have been put away someplace in a very warm or even hot and dry environment. The paint is wrinkled and flaking off in most parts. My GF saw the brush and just raised her eyes. She knows I'll be working on this and putting other things on the back burner.

AGHisBBS, Jim99, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

All razors are the same. ;)

18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Very cool congrats! It’s a great shaver

Smooth Steve likes this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think I may have a Simpson ... it's marked GIMBELS

sorry for the bad pic.
    s-l1600.jpg
    Another to restore, but this one I may keep.
    :happy093:

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry posted in wrong place. I waiting for it right now. :ashamed001: