Lifestyle: Wiss, scissors to last a lifetime

Discussion in 'Articles' started by PLANofMAN, Oct 1, 2017.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You could always Dremel them out and send it out to be replated. If only we knew people who replate stuff in nickel. :signs002:

Of course, that would be a fair amount of money to dump on something that can be bought new for $25. :)

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

That's true I could dremel out the finger holes orrrrrrrrr look for another pair of good scissors that come in the electrician scissor blade lengths and larger finger holes. Hmmmmmmmm and the search begins anew....:happy097:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Wiss 165? No clue if the holes in the handle are bigger though. Edit: probably not. The electrician's shears are 165E aren't they?

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Actually the electricians shears are 175E. I will check out the WISS 165's. I've found a pair of vintage SECURITAS 7" scissors, made in Italy, for a good price on ebay, assuming there decent scissors, ever heard of them?

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I broke the cheap pair scissors (made in China) in my kitchen about 2-3 weeks ago (no real loss), so picked up some vintage Wiss Kitchen shears.
    s-l1600-15-3.jpg
    They're pre-1940's due to they say PAT APPD. FOR and they don't have the screw driver. I'll clean them up and repaint the handles yellow (like original and I like yellow).
    :happy093:

Primotenore and PLANofMAN like this.