Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Been on a bit of a binge the last couple days and nights. All good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PanChango likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Fight, Zatoichi, Fight. (#8)
    plakatzatoichi8bd1.jpg
    While on the road, Zatoichi befriends a young mother right before she is savagely murdered. Promising her that he will hand over her baby to its father, the blind masseur embarks on an adventure both sentimental and beset by perilous action. This eighth Zatoichi feature is an excellent showcase for star Shintaro Katsu, who evinces an extraordinary physical and emotional range as the blind swordsman, here father, mother, husband, and reluctant killer all at once.

PanChango likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today’s movie (on Amazon Prime Video) was “Hideous Sun Demon” featuring no one you’ve ever hard of and a guy that turns into a lizard, in bright sunlight. They’ve got loads of cheesy monster movies, worthy of Svengoolie.

CarlfromMO, Primotenore and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    Apparently Clark's piano playing is "enough to drive you up a wall" (I read a review)

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Last two have been garbage slasher flicks from the 80s....

Terror on Tour - 1980 - 4/10 stars - A rock band called "The Clowns" (Bad Kiss Makeup Ripoff) comes under suspicion of murder when several prostitutes are killed by individuals made up like members of the band.

Hollywood's New Blood - 1988 - 2.4/10 stars - The ghosts of a family accidentally killed on a movie set come back for revenge.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Watched Overboard (new remake) last night. Quite good, very funny. Worth watching in my opinion.

Watched "The Butler" tonight. Starring Forest Whitaker and Oprah, expected an excellent performance...was not disappointed. Watching "Willow" now...for the umpteenth time.

Wife has never seen the Godfather films, so doing a Godfather marathon later this week.

7. Primotenore

Article Team
    Adventures of Zatoichi (#9 1964)
    iur.jpeg
    The blind swordsman wanders into a town to celebrate the New Year. There, he befriends a young woman whose father has gone missing; as he tries to help her find him, he becomes entangled in a web of corruption and a series of tragic twists of fate. Returning director Kimiyoshi Yasuda and screenwriter Shozaburo Asai masterfully weave together a variety of narrative threads and tonal registers, all while playfully tweaking the conventions and motifs of the series.

8. Hairy Alaskan

A William Castle classic still good after repeated watchings.
    [​IMG]

9. Primotenore

Article Team
    Zatoichi's Revenge (#10 1965)
    Zatoichi_10_-_Zatoichi's_Revenge.jpg
    Nearing the village of his sensei, Zatoichi decides to pay the teacher a visit, only to learn that he has been murdered and his daughter forced into prostitution. Ichi’s investigation into these injustices uncovers a corrupt alliance between government officials and criminals, putting the blind swordsman on a bloody path of retribution in one of the series’ darkest entries.

10. Primotenore

Article Team
    Must be a moratorium on film-watching lately...
    Zatoichi and the Doomed Man (#11 1965)
    iu.jpeg
    An elderly prisoner accused of murder begs Zatoichi to find evidence of his innocence. The blind swordsman, for the first time, chooses not to help, but fate has other plans for him. Director Issei Mori, who played a significant role in getting Shintaro Katsu cast as Zatoichi in the first place, shows his filmmaking flair, delivering bloody battles and raucous humor while mischievously upending narrative expectations.

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Pacific Rim; the latest one. Number two...three? The next generation of giant robot drivers steps up to fill their parent's giant robot pilot shoes. Flawless CGI mixed with miniature cityscapes getting smashed with Gawdzilla like abandon. It felt like a Star Wars sequel. Not episodes 4, 5, or 6. More 7, 8, or 9.
    (Mild Spoiler; there may be another in the series.)

Primotenore likes this.
  12. Hairy Alaskan

Very good movie.
    [​IMG]

13. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Great movie! “I’m your huckleberry!”

Terry and Hairy Alaskan like this.
  14. Hairy Alaskan

I heard an interesting fact about that quote. A western buff on a podcast I was listening to said the line was either written wrong or mispronounced by Val Kilmer. He said back then a term for a pall bearer was a Huckle Bearer. He said the line should have been, “I’ll be your Huckle Bearer.” This would have been more threatening though the audience wouldn’t have gotten it.

Terry likes this.
  15. Hairy Alaskan

Bad and boring. Not at all what I had expected but the bad acting was slightly humorous at times.
    [​IMG]

This one was so so. This does have a young Leslie Nielsen with a beautifully full head of hair.
    [​IMG]

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The Boys from Brazil.

Gregory Peck chewed the scenery but not in a bad way. Olivier was, eh. James Mason looked bored with not much to do. I don't say it often but, done well and probably as a period piece, this is one film that could make for a really good re-do.

Primotenore likes this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I watch it about once a year. The mess hall and bar scenes never get old.

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Don't know how you are about kaiju films, but have you ever seen the Daimajin films? A couple of them are downright spooky.

Not a giant monster movie, more of an ticked off local deity movie.

Primotenore likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

20 Million Miles to Earth, with stop-motion animated monster by Ray Harryhausen.

Primotenore likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Article Team
    Have them and watched them! 3 1/2/5 Stars. I prefer Samurai films.
    Take a look at the Lone Wolf and Cub films. 5/5.

gorgo2 likes this.