Ever Ready Nightmare

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joe Nobles, May 17, 2018.

1. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

Don't collect cars, just razors, cameras, coins and debt.

Jim99 likes this.
  2. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Get some quality vintage firearms and you're all set! :happy088:

Jim99 likes this.
  3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Takes no talent to have debt, it's a financial parasite. :sad027:

4. Joe Nobles

I don't know all that much about firearms. I always wanted a cap and ball Colt Navy (reproduction of course), but the wife is dead set against having firearms in the house.
    It just about took an act of Congress to allow me to keep Whisk(e)y in the house, no joke!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You can buy non-firing reproductions. they look and work like the original but can't be fired.

6. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Don't ask, tell her you're getting one, or ten!!! She's your wife, not yo mamma!

brit likes this.
  7. Joe Nobles

Her reasons for not wanting firearms is valid she is hot tempered and feels that if there were guns around she might just use it on me or herself.
    Just sayin'!
    LOL

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  8. Joe Nobles

@178-platoon, that is an interesting idea that I didn't realize was an option kinda like collecting 1:16 die cast cars!

I have some of those. It's been awhile since I got one. Everything kinda depends on the $$.

My wife doesn't see RAD if I keep it on the down low.
    She is oblivious to it because she prefers me not to have stubble. So if I do some swapping or some trading up and keep it under the radar it's cool.

Sometimes it feels like high-stakes betting but... You known how a wife can be ;)

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Time to trade her in or move out. Happily divorced here so take that advise at face value...lol If my now ex wife had tried that She would have been told about herself. My mom, bless her soul, knew better then to try that kinda thing. Tell her we said it was ok. Pistols are a hoot to shoot!

10. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I remember gawking at a S600 in a Honda showroom when I was a teenager in the mid-60's in the UK. It left a big impression on me as it was much more sophisticated than any British MG, Austin-Healey, Sunbeam or Triumph at the time.

It had a DOHC engine with 4 carbs and a chain drive to each rear wheel. It was a very sweet little roadster.

[​IMG]

11. Joe Nobles

Nice looking ride!

12. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Sounds like you NEED to keep one on your person!

Frijolero likes this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

If she is telling you these things, well, she is giving you fair warning. Run far, run fast. Just remember, knives kill more people than guns do. Do you have any of those around??

14. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Mine is very supportive, she bought some of my shave stuff, and her weapon of choice is a 6" Smith & Wesson 686 .357 mag.

Juno likes this.
  15. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Pretty cool!!!

1432665264-leno.jpg image.jpg honda-s600-008.png

Frijolero and kfbrady like this.
  16. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I've seen pics of this razor on eBay, the design described as art deco—appropriate, given the era in which these were produced.

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Whaaa!?? [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Frijolero and Redfisher like this.
  18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

OK, those are cool, but not very common, maybe I could shove a despined (STAINLESS STEEL!) GEM blade in there!!! ;)

Frijolero likes this.
  19. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

They tend to grow on you. Lightweight and great for detailing if you have a beard or other facial hair you like to keep trimmed. Can't say enough good things about them.

Frijolero and TobyC like this.
  20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

SWEET!

Frijolero likes this.