The Haul: May 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 30, 2018.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I had a tall bottle of that, full, several years ago. Had faded but you could tell it was heavy on bergamot, if memory serves.

Keithmax, Timwcic and RyX like this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

This Flare Tip Rocket is in its way to me from eBay. Needs a little cleaning, but otherwise looks good.[​IMG]

Herm

RaZorBurn123, Keithmax, brit and 15 others like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Excellent haul Steve! THB has amazing presentation, have heard the performance is not bad either.

Smooth Steve likes this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

Nice haul! The Lavender Creeper set just screams class!

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

That's one cool vintage Williams set! Those little bottles are are a novelty, saw one at a estate sale but they wanted $3 which seemed high for such a tiny bottle.do you plan to use the cream? Wonder how the performance is.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Stopped at an antique store today and picked up a Slim in a case with some blades for $6
    It's got some soap scum so we'll see how it shapes up after a good soak and scrub

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

Keithmax, brit, Timwcic and 12 others like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

What a deal!

jimjo1031 and John Beeman like this.
  8. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Since I was not lucky enough to get the full version of the Creeper splash before it sold out, I had to order The Holy Black Shaving Soap to get a remaining sample of the Creeper. No worries because I always wanted to try their main line soap. I'm just happy to at least get a sample of the splash to try with the Creeper Soap. The last thing I needed was another shave order to come in when we are just about to take delivery of a new car and in about a week embark on the Maggard's meet. I think the wife doesn't understand "limited availability!" I also received my wall charger today for the new ride. Going electric this time around and I'm excited to pick it up this weekend. I never had an electric car, so I am a bit nervous, but a I think everything will be fine. At least I will be well shaven when I get behind the wheel!
    Steve
    IMG_9558.jpg
    IMG_9559.jpg
    IMG_9568.jpg IMG_9569.jpg

Keithmax, brit, Timwcic and 11 others like this.
  9. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

MWF in ceramic dish from Connaught Shaving. $26 shipped across the pond to Florida in 8 days. Ready to go tomorrow.

Attached Files:

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have a Supply Co. Version 2 injector in the matte black finish with the two spare baseplates. I don’t have the cardboard box to keep it in anymore, and I noticed the finish on the handle has developed a slight shiny ring from being rubbed by the rim of the porcelain cup I was storing it in. So I asked Jim @Jayaruh to make me a nice little felt-lined wooden box to hold everything, like the ones Gillette used to ship Old Type sets in way back when. It arrived and here's the razor and spare plates stashed away in their new home:

IMG_00000251.jpg

Keithmax, brit, Timwcic and 18 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Black on red. That looks fine.

Screwtape likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Keithmax, brit, Timwcic and 12 others like this.
  13. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks. I really enjoy the scent and I'm not a big Lavender guy. The soap is a bit over priced IMO but you are right, the presentation is excellent. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a poor performer, but I prefer the CK soap base. The "Creep" effect is pretty good as well. Because the soap is a one shot deal and rather small and soft, I scooped it out and put it in my warm scuttle instead of attacking it with my brush. Honestly, I think I should have used a bit more and that may have improved the lather, but I just ran with it. I will try it again soon with the splash sample I received today.
    Steve

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Just received these in a trade with @cpool222, Thanks, Cleave. I have heard good stuff about the LaToja. And this is my first Russian shave cream, START.
    IMG_7355.JPG

RaZorBurn123, Keithmax, brit and 15 others like this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

I know WK did a Fern Concerto with a synthetic menthol as well. Sounds like it would be interesting to have a menthol effect without detecting it in the scent.

Lavender can be hit or miss with me as well, have really learned to appreciate different scents that never would have been considered before wet shaving.

16. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Hope you enjoy them... and want to see what you do with the antler.
    Cleave

RyX likes this.
  17. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

I found these at an indoor flea market last Saturday. A 1955 Gillette flare tip and unknown dated Gillette tech. The Flare tip was $3 and the tech was $2.

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I got a couple of sticks of pink ivory wood today from @cpool222. They are each destined to be handles for lather catcher razors.

180524.JPG

RaZorBurn123, Keithmax, brit and 13 others like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Very happy with the new handle from Techichi. Works nicely with the Pearl-Yaqi.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Keithmax, Herm2502, brit and 14 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Now Tabac Tuesdays will be even more better...
    180526.JPG