The Haul: June 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice. But can you shave on it?

Herm

AGHisBBS, twhite, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Cool looking razor. But too rich for this cheap shaver.

Herm

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I could, but it already has a BBS. :happy097:

AGHisBBS, Herm2502 and RyX like this.
  4. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

This coticule followed me home from the market today. A natural 2" x 8" stone that is extra fat at 1 1/8" thick. Gave it a quick toss on a 100 grit diamond disk that I have been using of late to see what is under the funk. These disks on a granite slab make short work of all stones, including novaculite. Will finish it off with some higher grit and give it a good home. First picture is condition as found

82ADACB2-C80B-43AC-9850-D6B79F2E77DA-1074-0000009D462B200A.jpeg 41692D97-C3B9-4BFF-AA58-6B0979AA6211-1074-0000009DBAD61DF2.jpeg 16EA02D8-DA8A-4A71-9B15-EAEA8F150427-1074-0000009DE46004E1.jpeg 2FF84037-F16E-49F3-AB00-4A8BDF286D9C-1074-0000009D836A4271.jpeg 6892515C-3A6A-4A79-9248-0157B1E35CFE-1074-0000009E2E0E6CAD.jpeg

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My wife and son got me this beautiful brush for Father’s Day
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Koa wood with mother of pearl inlays and with a super silvertip badger

6. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

That is Really Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! :happy088:

RaZorBurn123, Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- Two packages arrived today

150 blades of Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (Spoiler) and another package of 660 blades of Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (Spoiler) has landed in Sydney today should arrive very soon.

[​IMG]

And a package from the Stray Whisker

[​IMG]

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I been a little slow on posting ...
    IMG_1113.JPG
    @John Beeman was very kind to send me a wonderful Black Beauty and I'm looking forward to trying it out. My son gave me this Timeless shaving bowl, that works amazing. Last but not least; my wife wanted to stop at a thrift store on Sunday and I saw this Avon VW. It was dirty and and had a couple oz. of Wild Country. I transferred the contents to a spay container and washed it up good and re-filled it with Avon Leather. It reminds me of one a friend bought and fixed up as a teenager. Fun Haul! :happy093:
    :eatdrink013:

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Went to Dollar Tree. Soap aisle had something new: Barbasol Original body wash. Almost walked on by but stopped to take a whiff. Surprise surprise, it smells a lot like their original shaving cream. Look forward to using it during Saturday's bath, whether I need it or not.

edit: can find no info on this stuff online, not even on B'sol's website, so I don't know how old it is (no date on the bottle), but if I like it I'd probably best stock up. Dollar Tree is the last stop before oblivion.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just kidding about that Saturday thing. Just showered and yep, smells just like Barbasol. Very traditional, classic fragrance. Recommended.

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A little gift to myself, courtesy of Jim's fine craftsmanship (@Jayaruh). Really a lovely turned bocote brush handle with a synthetic horsehair knot. Jim also included a near-full SC tub of 'Renewal.'
    :happy088::happy093:

Jayaruh_horsehair.jpg

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sweeet brush! bravo.gif

RaZorBurn123, Jorvaljr and cliffb599 like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy nice!!
    And a box of Punch cigars!!

Picked this Valet Auto Strop utility knife/cigar cutter up yesterday at a local junk store. I have plenty of vintage Auto Strop blades.
    [​IMG]

15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

20180621_113746.jpeg
    Seems quite a few folks new to straights recently. Figured I'd give it a try.

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fresh off the mail wagon from Perry @PLAla, the remnants of his Soap Pass Around. There's a number of products I'll test lather in keeping with the Spirit of the Box. The balance that are deemed less than optimal will be donated to a new facility here. A Homeless Hygiene Center, the first of it's kind in my area will be opening soon. I'm going to be watching what kind of disposable razors folks use so I can add them to the gift. [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Where do you get the disks from ?

18. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the rest, but I love the Simpsons cream- It's very thirsty but you only need a small amount to generate a ton of lather.

RyX, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  19. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Wondered who had bought it. You'll love it if you give it time.

Linuxguile and Edison Carter like this.
  20. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Small Haul courtesy of @Dave in KY [​IMG]
    Thanks Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.