Stirling Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Ryan B, Aug 17, 2013.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Well, I received my order from Rod today and I'm very, very impressed and satisfied so far. I have two of the new Glacial Wintergreen soaps which smell amazing - a VERY strong wintergreen scent and the menthol notes hit you hard also. Just by sniffing the soaps through the wrappers is enough to tell you that you'll freeze your face off. The Glacial Spearmint soap as expected, has a lovely spearmint scent which is very, very strong and I already test-lathered it. The lather is rich and slick, and easy to create with a menthol effect which can just about give you freezer-burn. The Glacial Obsidian soap is in many ways quite similar to the Black Ice soap which Rod makes, with a strong black licorice scent which is the base of the Black Ice but definitely stronger. No doubt the menthol effect is equally potent and intense. Rod also sent me a sample of his Rosemary Mint soap which has a very nice, although unusual scent. I'm looking forward to using that as well.

Bobcat, PatrickA51, Omelmad and 3 others like this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Boring ha?

3. crackstar

Guys, I have become hopelessly addicted to these Stirling soaps and what did I do? Last week I ordered two of Rod's latest creation - the Glacial Lemon Chill.

4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Why did you tell me about that one......you are bad!

FatherofSquirrel and crackstar like this.
  5. crackstar

I cannot lie - that wouldn't be nice! :)

Omelmad and PatrickA51 like this.
  6. PatrickA51

Jeff
    I believe you and I are just two people of many that suffer from "Stirling Addiction" Maybe we should start a group called "Friends of Rod S" :eatdrink047::shaver

7. crackstar

That's a "Sterling" idea! (No pun intended!)

PatrickA51 likes this.
  8. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I really love the smell of the Wintergreen! It's such a fantastic smell I'm surprised that it's not a more common scent in the wet shaving world. I just wished it had a better lathering ability. It is harder to lather than most everything else and when you do get it lathered it's not as great or slick as some of the others.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. crackstar

It's funny because the Wintergreen puck which I'm using lathers so easily and effortlessly. It requires a little extra water as do the Stirling soaps in general, but it gives me wonderful and very rich lather. I agree with you on the scent because it's beautiful.

FatherofSquirrel and PatrickA51 like this.
  10. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

No better bang for the buck than Stirling soaps.

crackstar, PatrickA51 and rweb82 like this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Stirling is great. But I think I should skip using aftershave because that soap is so moisturizing.

crackstar and PatrickA51 like this.
  12. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

I ordered the Ben Franklin a couple weeks ago, and it is one of the coolest, most complex scents I've tried. I really like it.

PatrickA51 and Bobcat like this.
  13. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Glacial Lemon-Chill???!!!

#@%&&

Just placed an order last week and had no idea about the Glacial Lemon chill.
    Must wait. Mussssst wait.......

PatrickA51, crackstar and Omelmad like this.
  14. PatrickA51

Rod at Stirling Soap Co. Is top drawer. His products are priced reasonably. I would say that his pre-shave oil is excellent. I would say 10/10. He knows the meaning of true customer service.
    Jeff, Rod said he was going to send you a note, Happy Birthday again.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    FatherofSquirrel and crackstar like this.
  15. KingChoss

KingChoss Member

Just got my first samples in yesterday. What a great shave! Wonderful soap!

16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I am actually finishing up my puck of Scots Pine Sheep! It is one of my favorites. Great conditioning!

With as many Stirling soaps as I have, it takes a while to get all the way through a puck. (On my 3rd puck of Margaritas in the Arctic though!)

[​IMG]

PatrickA51 likes this.
  17. PatrickA51

Does #@%&& mean you said a dirty word. Remember to was your mouth out with it ! :rolleyes005:

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  18. crackstar

I got his birthday wishes - what a nice guy he is! :)

19. crackstar

BTW, I used the Black Ice this morning and although it's nowhere near as cold as the now-discontinued Glacial Obsidian which is also a black licorice-based soap it still gave me plenty of chilliness with great lather and skincare.

Bobcat likes this.
  20. PatrickA51

Glad I have one in my supply. I thought this one was a new one Glacial Obsidian

crackstar likes this.