I may need a razorvention

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Flarng, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I only regret that I have but one face to give for my razors.

2. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

I think a support group is a good idea. Every time you are tempted to buy a new razor instead call a support group member. Then the two of you go out and get drunk.

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"Binge & Purge" seems to be a frequent habit many here seem to be partake in.
    Right now you're in there 'binge' phase where every razor you come across, you desire. When does it end? Tough to say. It mostly depends on your income, your marital status, your tastes. etc…

I was up to over 2 dozen DE razors at one point not too long ago; then had a 'purge' and now have less than a half dozen. Problem is I'm currently bingeing on straight razors and shave soap. Soon I'll have to liquidate the crowded collection. This 'issue' for wet shavers is what keeps most 'Buy & Sell' forum sections as the most active.

vwp528 and PatrickA51 like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Should we call it "Friends of King G" ?

5. Kentuckygent

Kentuckygent New Member

I knew I was in trouble when I "saved" a dirty beat up New just because he looked so sad sitting in a case with old buttons. BUT cleaned it up shaves just fine.

PatrickA51 and Misphit like this.
  6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

In one month I went from one Merkur 33 to 60 Safety razors., 10 shave creams, 4 brushes, 2 bowls and 900+ razor blades.

Hi, my name is Jim and my RAD status is "Overdrive"

vwp528 and PatrickA51 like this.
  7. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

8. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

The problem with drinking with another razor aficionado is that the "BUY IT NOW" button on eBay looks more and more attractive and you know THEY are just going to get YOU to hit it.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. Redmond

Redmond Member

Yeah - what they said. We are enablers, not help for the addicted. Need help spending? We're there for you. Need help NOT spending? - crickets...
    :D:D:D

PatrickA51 and richgem like this.
  10. Kentuckygent

Kentuckygent New Member

We have to do something with all the money we are saving not buying cartridges. lol.

PatrickA51 and Birdie like this.
  11. Schwank

Schwank Member

I fail to see the problem

(I bought an old, new, and a ball tech two weeks ago)

PatrickA51 likes this.
  12. dryheat

dryheat New Member

I may also need an intervention....I went from one Walgreen's Micro Touch to (within one week) buying a1960 Fat Boy, two Blue Tips (1955&1957) a 1971 Black Handle Flair Tip, 1930's New Style, 1951 frankenrazor with a Ball End Tech head and a Fat Tech handle, 1939-45 Fat Handle Tech, and a 1955 Ball End Tech. Oh yeah, I also bought a Merkur 210 travel razor. Bad thing is, I've only used the Micro Touch and now the Fat Boy twice. Please someone tell me that this is normal behavior, and also that shave soap shopping will not be like this soon too.

ObiDon, Omelmad and PatrickA51 like this.
  13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Doesn't have to. My poison is the soaps, I only have one razor. But I don't have slot of soaps either. I'm trying to be reasonable with the spending and trying new stuff but not all at once =P plus I can't really indulge myself to much. I wouldn't afford it hahaha

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You can't save them all. But you can save them one at a time.

PatrickA51 and BigMark like this.
  15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Tony, and I have RAD.

Hi Tony!

maltedmilk likes this.
  16. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her I paid for it. Soaps won't hurt too much it's the brushes that will put you over the edge. See...

Attached Files:

maltedmilk likes this.
  17. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I initially had RAD bad but it has tapered off some. Still a couple models I insist on owning sometime soon but over all my RAD has turned into SAD (soap acquisition disorder) lol

18. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

OMG...you mean there's "beer goggles" for razors too? I am in trouble.

19. Herm2502

Kinda looks like some kind of shaving "animal". It may crawl out and randomly start lathering people. Didn't know there was BAD on top of RAD.

20. Herm2502

If you ever go into treatment and decide to sell the '57 look me up. I may be interested.