Smelling like a man

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Lady_Badger, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Old Spice was originally marketed as a feminine fragrance.

Oh the irony!

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

…and ROSE was a common man's fragrance for years!

fram773 and Kilgore Trout like this.
  3. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Not to mention lavender.

azsteelman likes this.
  4. Kilgore Trout

I have taken it upon myself to reverse this trend. Lavender works famously with my body chemistry. Although there are many variances on the interpretation of the scent.

TheSoapExchange likes this.
  5. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

I like florals as well but for her a more sweet floral and on me more woods mixed into it. That's why we often get matching cologne/perfumes. Same brand, same name, scents resemble each other.

6. Badger-Face

I read that somewhere. Not sure if the scents were exactly the same or not.

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

…or jasmine? ;)

8. Kilgore Trout

I am not sure either.

9. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Quite right. I recall reading somewhere that the Persian warriors who faced off against Ancient Greece (and others of the time) wore jasmine flowers into battle to help overcome the smell of blood, but I cannot locate the source of that article any more.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm a fan of both rose and lavender.
    Not too keen on jasmine, but that's me.

11. BJV

BJV Active Member

I've always preferred fresh, crisp scents e.g. Skin Bracer, Pinaud Lime, Lemon Verbena...

But when my daughters started giving me the requisite Christmas and Father's Day gifts of AS and cologne, they chose scents that they liked: Perry Ellis, Polo, Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klien, Aramis...

Over the years, the only one I kept buying for myself was Aramis, which I save for 'special' dress-up occasions. When they get a whiff of me wearing one of my everyday 'preferred' AS, they usually ask me if I'm out of the designer stuff they gave me. I don't have the heart to tell them I think their choices are too...girly.

By the way, whenever I would wear my Lemon Verbena AS to the office, women would invariably sniff the air and ask, "Was the exterminator here last night?"

Badger-Face likes this.
  12. Badger-Face

That's the kind of stuff I wore before I started using old school AS. I never really thought them to be girly. Sweeter then what I where now for sure but, the female counterparts to those colognes are defiantly much more candy like. I still use my diesel. And a few others when going out. And my whiskey cologne I love. But, now I like these after shaves mostly and where them everyday. Just got my bay rum in. I think it has to much clove to it but my wife loves it.

13. DudeShaving

DudeShaving Member

This is definitely a product type that should involve the significant other's opinion. A happy wife is a happy life! Haha

Badger-Face likes this.
  14. Ah yes, one of the most enjoyable aspects of this hobby are the wonderful scents we get to experience. Part of my evening shave ritual is that when I'm all finished up wifey gets a smooch so that she gets the first whiff and the experience of my smooth face :) All she ever says is "you smell wonderful, which one is that?"

15. SDK

SDK it's his fault

This is how I do it for the most part, as my wife is the main person I like to smell good for...

Picture it like the scene from the movie Pretty Woman. I come excitedly out of the bathroom with a new aftershave. My wife is sitting there with the dark glasses on, coolly takes a whiff and gives me a barely perceptible nod or shake.

I'm lucky to get one keeper out of five that I run by her lol....

Badger-Face likes this.
  16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yo Rich...Even wet "Leopard Seal" ? Sorry my friend ..... Didn't mean to bring up a scary subject...;) Just popped into my mind....

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

How about a wet dog?:signs081:

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice message.

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I am safely assuming that never happened to ClubMAN.

Kilgore Trout likes this.