How's Your Day - April 2014

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Dridecker, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Hopefully it's a better recipe than described in the book "Hoosh".

“I am not dead,” exclaimed an astonished Capt. Georges Lecointe on awaking one morning circa 1897. Or perhaps we should say “complained.” In the throes of scurvy, his ship trapped in the ice in the black Antarctic winter, one of the leaders of the first major scientific expedition of the heroic age had been saved from death by a “last meal”: penguin that tasted like “beef, odiferous cod fish and a canvas-backed duck, roasted together in a pot with blood and cod-liver oil for sauce.” The poor man might have welcomed death.

Dridecker likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Depends on the size of the penguin. :prrr:

Dridecker likes this.
  3. richgem

Will there be chocolate minions?

[​IMG]

Slipperyjoe and macaronus like this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

No, but lotsa bunnies!
    easter bunny.gif

Slipperyjoe, Dridecker and richgem like this.
  5. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I am so behind the times, still haul around a flip phone (with large buttons). Guess I don't feel the love for the new phones. Gotta go, I hear the ice cream truck!

Keep the faith baby
    Dave

micah1_8 and macaronus like this.
  6. richgem

macaronus likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Back home after a busy day. I spent the majority working with two other pastors resolving technical glitches (live video streaming and sound sync) we were experiencing throughout both services. Two terrific services happened anyway despite our techno-challenges, with just over 2,000 folks rolling through on a beautiful easter morn. Early service was just under capacity (pictured below), while the late service was overflowing with standing room only in the back. Decision will be made before next Easter as to whether we'll need to add another service to accommodate all these people.
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We had some chocolate bunnies earlier & then went to the archery range. Just now, I repotted 5 of my trees.

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

We went to my grandmother's house, stuffed our faces with all sorts of spring type foods, passed Leif around, and hid Easter eggs for the kids. It's been a great day.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Kevin. While I was waiting on my wife to get ready, I watch your Easter service. On line. Pastor Fry delivers a very dynamic and easy to follow sermon. I absolutely loved the worship band. The lady guitar player/singer has an amazing voice! I'll watch from time to time as I felt a connection with Pastor Fry.
    Kerry

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Hey Kerry, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We're in the process of updating the mixing in studio so the feed for streaming can be mixed and enhanced for 'home use. Right now the audio feed is 'tuned 'for the large sanctuary and so the online audio stream is 'off' for listening thru desktop speakers. That new mix should certainly improve the audio, particularly the worship segment, for listeners at home.
    And Pastor Rick is a straight, shoot-from-the-hip speaker who brings any message with conviction...and a good dose of humor.
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yes. Kevin. Pastor Fry is a shooter and a straight believer.

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Nice day today all in all, lunch with the in-laws, and then it got better. :)

Cooked out on my new smoker today, a 9lb bone in turkey breast, a slab of baby backs and 2 slabs of beef ribs.

Received a big thumbs up from all who ate supper here tonight. :happy088:

[​IMG]

Yep nice relaxing day, but I sure do miss QMan. :(

14. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Don't feel bad, I'm *the* tech guy at work, and I have a no-contract flip phone. I wish it had bigger buttons. In fact, I've been eyeballing those jitterbug phones (for seniors) for a long time.

macaronus likes this.
  15. micah1_8

We went to the dollar movies last night and saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I went in knowing the biggest plot point, being something of a Cap fan, so that wasn't a big revelation and most of the "surprises" weren't too shocking to me, but still, the movie was excellent in all regards. They did a fine job in keeping Cap true to his values and keeping things clean. We also get a little bit of an opportunity to see a more vulnerable side to some characters we don't often get to explore too deeply (Scarjo is great if not a little "girl-next-door" looking as Black Widow in this, which is frankly a little weird). And Cap is still one of the most bad*ss superheros to ever don a mask. They also introduce a new character (been in the comics for forty evers) that turns out to be pretty awesome.

Well done Disney. Well done!

macaronus likes this.
  16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I was thinking that it might be interesting to liven up those dull generic elevator direction announcements..'going up','going down' etc with a more bluesy approach. Going up can be replaced with something like we're goin' way up high baby and going down with goin' down slow. There can even be a kind of open ended mystery direction like we're gonna rock all the way..baby..:git:

17. richgem

Didn't aerosmith try that already? :eek:

18. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I've never seen an aerosmith equipped elevator..:git:?

19. micah1_8

That'll be the day I start taking the stairs. Because you *know* it will be one of those terrible "ballads." If I hear "I don't wanna miss a thing" one more time...

20. richgem

It's not exactly booty-shaking Minions, but here goes...

Erik Redd and macaronus like this.