The Haul: July 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Neolithium, Jun 30, 2014.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I got that same bottle. Really good stuff but seems to me a spicy, "warmer" frag better suited for fall/winter. Mileage, etc.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Lucky Tiger is great, great stuff for shave burn. It's on my short list to replace someday now that I'm out.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My wife got this in N.C. Printed in 1911, it's an unsurpassed thematic study and devotional Bible, for those of you so inclined...similar to the Thompson Chain Reference but simpler and better, imo. This makes 2 of them we're putting away for when our girls are older.

photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Excellent shape for over 100 years old. My favorite Bible is currently falling apart. :(

HolyRollah likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm sure you've looked into having it rebound. I did for one some years ago but found quality work to be out of my range at the time.

GDCarrington and HolyRollah like this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

@gorgo2 Not worth it. It is a newer Bible. It is just falling apart. There is however a Modern Translation of the KJV coming out in just over a months time. I have been waiting for it for a long time. Just message me and I can give you a little more information if you would like.

HolyRollah likes this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Please do. I heard something about that a few months ago, then nothing else, so I forgot about it.

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Today a fine package arrived. The content smelled really nice. Thanks to Cathy (Calani). :happy108:

[​IMG]

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just picked up my tub of the new RazoRock Artisan “Classic”. It is on deck for tomorrow. Good strong marzipan/almond scent as expected.

Ingredients: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, fragrance

[​IMG]

10. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

I grabbed a bunch of NOS Kromasharp Paslanmaz Çelik (Stainless Steel) blades from 1991. They are in good condition and a product of Turkey. Kromasharp was a branch of Permasharp and made under Permasharp's observation. Gillette bought this firm years ago, but Kromasharp is not producing any products anymore. Ok, enough for the history.
    [​IMG]

ObiDon, Bobcat, GDCarrington and 2 others like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I got a couple of bills in the mail. Not paying them until August. Even if I have to sit in the dark! :p

PanChango and Omelmad like this.
  12. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

A couple of not so easy to find products, that I had been searching for some time now:

[​IMG]

13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

What kind of bills? Haha

14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I would guess electric if he will be sitting in the dark.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Daaah! Hahaha i thought that was a joke =P

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Good day at the Post Office. Capt. Scott of Captains Choice fame sent me some of his "beta" Sandalwood AS to test and included a sample of his Capt.'s Choice Shave Soap.

[​IMG]

I was fortunate enough to win 2 bottles of Fine Italian Citrus AS which arrived today also.

[​IMG]

I finally ordered some Cold River Soap Works soap last week, the Bergamomt & Bay soft soap. Larry kindly included samples of the Savon #1 and Savon #2 to try.

[​IMG]

17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

2 bottles...lucky.

Bobcat and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:

19. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

New Samsung Washer & Dryer since mine bit the dust while I was away in Ottawa. Just got them installed and WHOAH NELLY I LOVE THEM.

20. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I just got a minty mid century compact for SWMBO. Mary a scratch on it. Future bday gift.

GDCarrington, RaZorBurn123 and Bobcat like this.