Trifecta soap pass-around, anyone?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by maltedmilk, Jul 23, 2014.

1. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    For any brave curious souls who would like to try them, I will be sending three homemade soaps to @Jayaruh. The soaps are marked:
    IdC - Ian de Candre
    1914 - the American Druggist recipe
    Flop - something I tried that doesn't meet my approval

The IdC has been much discussed. It's lather is impressive. Some do not like its after feel on the skin. I had no problem with it.

I yacked about the 1914 already. I really like its effect on the skin, but the lather disappears.

The one I have marked flop was an experiment with loads of (apparently lather killing) shea butter. Its lather also disappears, but in a different sort of way than 1914. Its effect on skin is also pretty nice but, again, in marked contrast to the nice feel left by 1914. I consider Flop to be a flop, but it should fit in the small USPS flate rate box with the other two.

If no one wants to sign up after Jayaruh, then he can keep (or trash) all three. For those who ever wanted to try IdC but didn't want to mess with making it, here is a chance. After Jayaruh has had his fill, he can send them to the next person and so on.

If you are in, just reply to this thread. It will likely be most efficient for the person with the soap to PM the next person in line for his (or her!) address.

It could be fun,
    Sean

KnockOut Shave and Omelmad like this.
  2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I'm in

maltedmilk likes this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Wonder what happened I replied to this thread last night at about 2045hrs. and I just looked at my lap top and the reply had not been sent. :confused:

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

IdC sounds interesting, i read about it once. But not in =)

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  5. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Mark me down as being in. Woo hoo!

maltedmilk likes this.
  6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm in.

I've been knocking around making a shave soap for months now. I'm just inherently lazy.

maltedmilk likes this.