TOBS/GFT Sandalwood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Where do these creams stand on scent? Are they close to the same? I used GFT Sandalwood Skinfood today and SWMBO said she reaaalllllly like this scent. I was pricing TOBS ($16) & GFT ($25). If the scents are close I'll choose the TOBS, and just get GFT Sandalwood Skinfood. If not, I'll be paying $50 for cream & skinfood :p either way I will be getting it. Thought? Opinions? Inquiries?

Omelmad likes this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I have no idea, but I would love to know that too =P

3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I've never tried GFT, but I like TOBS Sandalwood. Nope, that doesn't help you at all, does it?

4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I did say thoughts were acceptable. Doesn't @crackstar have a huge collection of soaps & creams?

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

The difference in price is probably about 10 cents a shave vs 15 cents. I have the TOBS and love it, but my vote would be to get the GFT Sandalwood to match the skinfood, and if you like it never look back. They also sell a small tube at half the price, but I would go with a tub and if you don't like it gift it to someone who gave you good advice. :D

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Omelmad like this.
  6. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I think I may buy the soap refill and let it feel like it's softening the price of skinfood :p:p

7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That's a plan, soaps lasts longer =P but someone said GFT is hard to lather

8. llalm

llalm New Member

The soaps are harder to lather. Creams are the way to go for GFT

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I'm now leaning towards TOBS.... I used the TOBS Almond and it was great, the price was fair, and I think I'll just get GFT skinfood and call it a day.

10. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Im also a big fan of the skinfood. Where did you pick up your sandalwood scented bottle from? Im about halfway through my limes version. It will always have a place in my den. It just works great for my skin. Super smooth and no residue at all.

11. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I got it from a sample from GFT. The lime just didn't last long enough for me. I like lasting scents. Skinfood tones and soothes my skin beautifully. If I try a new blade and it doesn't work with me I use skinfood to keep irritation at bay.

12. TheStyx

TheStyx Active Member

I absolutely love the GFT Sandalwood. It's by far the best Sandalwood I've come across. But mind you I haven't tried TOBS. I must also disagree with those who say that the GFT Soaps are hard to lather. They're really not.

13. BoxAlarm-81

BoxAlarm-81 Member

TOBS sandalwood is hands down the best sandalwood scent I've tried! I have tried a ton of sandalwood creams and none of them hold a candle to TOBS's scent. But hey buy them both hahaha :)

14. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yesterday I went into an Art of Shaving store for the first time because I wanted to try their sandalwood. I was neutral at first, but the balm lasted a long time on my sweaty skin. I kind of like it. If it weren't for the price I may buy some.

15. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

When you're comparing the price of Trumper's and TOBS, remember that the GFT bowl is 200 ml and the TOBS is 150 ml.

16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

That's a good point. Is there much of a quality difference though?

17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I love TOBS sandalwood. It smells great and lathers beautifully. I can get it from Amazon for $14.59 and since I have Prime it ships for free.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.