SoS July 28, 2014 - August 3, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Bruce, you'll have to point me to the exact location of that scriptural quote....
    I'm guessing the second chapter, verse 6 from the apocryphal "Book of Shaving Heresies." ;)

Llyr, PatrickA51, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I love The Veg! One man's trash, eh?
    +1

3. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the Birthday wishes

vwp528, Llyr, PatrickA51 and 6 others like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My pleasure Can. Actually I'm perfectly fluent in several dialects of Arabic, and I'm quite fluent in Turkish. I got a little mixed up or confused. I've been to Turkey several times on business and once on vacation - it's such a lovely country! :)

vwp528, Llyr, PatrickA51 and 3 others like this.
  5. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

SOTD 07/29/2014

~ Mühle R41 (2011) loaded with a fresh Feather blade.
    ~ Scuttle lathered the TOBS Almond (previous formulation) with a Silvertip badger knot (TGN) set in a vintage Opal handle.
    ~ Clinique moisturizer followed by Florida Water.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vwp528, Llyr, moz68 and 20 others like this.
  6. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Yes, you are very close...it depends on what version you are using. I'm referring to the King Pinaud version - the book of the chosen. :)

vwp528, Llyr, crackstar and 5 others like this.
  7. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

That has got to be the worst if it keeps you from shaving, hope you can get rid of it soon.

Dave

vwp528, Llyr, PatrickA51 and 3 others like this.
  8. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SoS - Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Milk Glass Shave

Cool shower
    Prep: Homemade PSO
    Brush: Simpsons Duke 3
    Soap: Tabac
    Razor: Merkur 38C
    Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
    Aftershave: CVS Old Spice knock-off

- Don

vwp528, Llyr, moz68 and 21 others like this.
  9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Feel better! Migraines suck!

vwp528, Llyr, Troy M and 4 others like this.
  10. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Tuesday:
    hot shower w/Murray & Lanman Pacholi bar soap
    Homemade PSO
    Schick Krona 2+ passes
    Rotbart Extra Dunn (2)
    Semogue Owners Club badger
    Coate's Tea Tree cream in a warm mug
    Thayers Unscented w/aloe
    Stetson Cooling Moisture AS

I was gazing at portions of my collection last night trying to figure out how to once again expand the storage facility to include more razors when my eye caught sight of the Schick Krona in it's holder and I felt a longing to shave with it. I didn't know where it was in the rotation and recent acquisitions have upset the normal calendar so imagine my surprise when checking the list showed it next in line to be shaved with. It's only scheduled for one shave but I'm thinking I might ignore the schedule and leave it out for a couple of shaves.

I was very particular choosing my products today after this past Sunday's shave (lots of irritation) and was rewarded with a very, very nice shave and a cool smooth great smelling finish.

Funny how things work out. If you'd have told me two years ago that today I'd be having a love affair with razors, soaps, creams, aftershaves, etc., ... I would have laughed out loud.

S8002014.JPG

figment714, vwp528, Llyr and 22 others like this.
  11. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Been there done that .:angry032: It's like hitting your head against a brick wall. No Fun.:angry017:

vwp528, Llyr, crackstar and 3 others like this.
  12. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Tuesday morning -

Prep - shower & Noxzema
    Lather - Proraso soap, green & suribachi
    Brush - Omega 40033
    Razor - Gillette NEW DeLuxe head & bulldog clone handle
    Blade - Feather (1)

2 pass
    Cold water shave &cold water rinse
    Witch-hazel AS

We had a real muggy morning here so I thought I'd do a cold water shave with the Proraso eucalyptus soap. I got an excellent shave and a nice brisk start to the day!

:eatdrink013:

figment714, vwp528, Llyr and 20 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140730.jpg
    Home-made soap by @maltedmilk

Dove Men's Face Wash
    Ian de Candre
    Made Rite Boar Brush
    1914 Ever-Ready
    GEM Super Stainless
    CWR
    Thayers Cucumber WH
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS

Today's home-made soap was the Ian de Candre. I loaded my Made Rite boar brush for about 20 seconds, and it face-lathered easily, making some nice creamy lather. It had plenty of cushion and was slick. It also had a faint, pleasant scent that I cannot describe. However, two passes with my 1914 Ever-Ready razor and Gem Super Stainless blade left me with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Cucumber WH and some Mennen Skin Bracer after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    figment714, vwp528, Llyr and 19 others like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 7-30-2014

[​IMG]

figment714, vwp528, Llyr and 21 others like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Evening shave. The Supermax Tiger seemed even smoother than yesterday so I cautiously opened up the Slim to 9 on the last two passes. Perfect shave, no nicks this time, no irritation. The Omega boar performed great with the new Williams clone soap I received from Dale, whipping up bigger lather than I'm used to getting. The lemon smell vanished once the lather started, which was unexpected, but it's okay. Trimmed inside the goatee with the Trac II and now it's time for bed.

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

WEDNESDAY
    Late Night Shave
    Dawn Patrol tomorrow= evening shave tonight. A decent 3-pass shave with the Henckel & IK soap.
    Love the IK balm afterwards!

Have a great Hump Day, all!
    [​IMG]

17. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Warm night, so a cold water shave was in order...

Water: Cold Tap
    Cream: Proraso Green
    Brush: VDH Deluxe
    Razor: Merkur 23c
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
    Aftershave: Cold water followed by Osage Rub

18. PatrickA51

Tonight's Shave for Wednesday 30Jul14 :
    • Shower & Pre-Shave:
    Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care For Men Bar Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Wet Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

• Deodorants :
    Mennen Speed Stick
    • Razor & Razor Blades:
    ATT Atlas M-1 88mm Kronos Handle
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades

• Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    VDH Luxury Mug Set
    VDH Luxury Shave Soap
    Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle

• After Shave Balm:
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave
    T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• After Shave:
    Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Being as I have to be at a medical office @0830hrs. On Wednesday Morning and the office is about 26 miles from my house in East San Diego County, (El Cajon to be exact) I took my shower and just got done shaving. I did use the WTG-XTG-ATG method again tonight. I have used it everyday this past week and it seems to be working well for me. Yesterday Monday , I did not get a "Rudy Castiel Clean Used Car" aka Rudy Castiel Clean Shave. Using this method so why change, what works. I did get a DFS,on Monday Morning, so why change. I did not get a BBS Shave if I do say so myself. To get my DFS shave I had to make 4 passes. I did change the Razor that I was using from my Weber 3pc 85mm W/Classic Handle to my Above the Tie Atlas M-1, although I had no "Nick's and Weeper's" so the use of the Alum Block was not needed or warranted. I do like the cooling effect of the Alum Block, or Witch Hazel. So I did go ahead and use both and put some on after my shower, and will use the Alum again it the morning. I will use the razor for the next couple of days, and see if it's just because I am not used to using The Above the Tie Razor as compared to my Weber. On Tuesday Morning I got a better shave, but it did leave something to be desired. I like the Above the Tie M-1 but it seems a little more mild than the Weber. To get a BBS Shave I needed to make 4 passes. I believe I used a little too much water in my Shaving Soap it was a little more runny than it was when I shaved earlier this morning. I am beginning to like the weight and feel of the ATT M-1 Razor in my hand as compared to my Weber 3pc.85 mm. The razor weighs in at 109 g, total length is 3 3/4" while the handle is 3 1/2" long. The ATT Kronos handle weighs 71 g providing great balance and prevents that top heavy razor feel.
    The Weber is Manufactured in the U.S.A. as is the Above the Tie Razor. The Weber is made in Missouri, and The Above The Tie is made in Tennessee.
    -
    100% stainless steel
    - Hand polished cap and closed comb. Metal under cap and bottom of comb have a matte finish
    - Accepts any standard double-edge blade (5 high-quality blades included)
    - Deeply knurled handle for excellent grip. Handle is 3 7/8 inches in length and .45 inches in diameter
    - Handle is machined from solid rod 316 marine grade stainless steel and fits most vintage Gillette and modern (Merkur, Jagger, etc) 3-piece heads
    - Total weight is approximately 3.4 ounces

I wonder if anyone else is thinking about a "No-Buy August"?

[​IMG]

Left to Right; Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Brush; VDH Luxury Mug Set Loaded VDH Luxury Soap ; ATT Atlas M-1 88mm Kronos Handle ; Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil ;Wilkinson Sword DE Blades Black Container ; Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  19. PatrickA51

I have found that when I have a Head Ache, be it Migrain or what ever, I use a dish towel that I keep in the freezer on the back of my neck. Seems to work better than aspirin or pain relievers.

ram57, vwp528, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wednesday:

Shower with Stirling Lavender Bath Soap :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 3
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lubriderm Unscented Moisturizer
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    JHL Cologne

It's not fair to my other soaps and creams because they're being neglected, but I'm so addicted to Rod's soaps now that I can't break away from them for more than one day. The Glacial Wintergreen provided everything I wanted - its awesome scent, so much rich lather so easily-created, its insanely-cold menthol power, and its wonderful post-shave feeling. The corresponding witch hazel increased the freezing effect immensely to make this great shave so enjoyable. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.