I love my new Omega boar brush.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by shave/brush, Jul 29, 2014.

1. shave/brush

shave/brush Active Member

I just received today an Omega 11137 boar brush. Knot is 24mm the loft is 55mm.

I used it for the first time tonight and it feels really nice right out of the box. I know being a boar it will get better over time but Omega boar brushes seem to break in faster than some other popular boar brushes. It feels so good right now I can only imagine how nice it will feel after I have about 20 shaves on it.

Attached Files:

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Give it a few months and it will be even better.

Daytonkb, Bristle Me and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I just had shave #2 and I'm already digging my new Omega boar, too.

4. shave/brush

Which one do you have 'gorgo2'?

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice brush.

6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I love my Omega 10049 Boar. Yours looks like a great brush! Just wait for it to break in, it will be awesome.

7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

They get better with age. Mine is the Omega 10098.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

According to PanChango, it's a 42 handle with a 31064 knot (I think I have that right).

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I think that is about right.

10. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

Good to see a satisfied customer!!

11. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I just got a 10049 and used it for the first time this morning. I agree, these Omega's are great. Mine has nice soft tips right out of the box. No scratch at all and it made a nice first lather with Proraso white in the tub. It does stink a little even after a couple cleanings with shampoo but I know that'll go away soon.

BigMark, maltedmilk and Omelmad like this.
  12. shave/brush

I also have a 10049. It's a very popular brush and for good reason. As you said it's a great brush right out of the box. You can't beat the price either.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  13. highlander87

highlander87 New Member

Add another +1 to the 10049.. blown away for what you get for such a low price. It's my first full sized brush and first out of the box the size was intimidating since ive just been using that aos sample brush but boy oh boy that thing lays down the lather!!

14. shave/brush

Yes the Omega 49 is a lather monster. Right now I love the 11137 even more. It has a sweet handle. Feels really good in my hand.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  15. KLF

KLF Doctorin

My Omega 20248 is my best performer, breaks in very quickly.

Boojum1 likes this.
  16. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Very nice brush !
    :love055:

In the future i want to buy one like this.

17. shave/brush

I do like my 11137 Omega. What is nice about boar brushes is they don't cost much but work really great. This is a keeper.

Attached Files:

18. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

How do you like your brush now, I just recieved mine today, how did you break it in and how long did it take you

Douglas Carey likes this.
  19. shave/brush

It is a very nice brush. I find Omega boar brushes feel like they are broken in right from the first use. They only get better. Just use it and enjoy it. It's a fine brush.

Douglas Carey and Ceferguson like this.
  20. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

was just looking at one of these....anyone know/have a opinion on which one brush to add? a omega 80080($14) or the proraso ($14)