Tapatalk test

Discussion in 'Post testing' started by TSimons, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

Testing out tapatalk... so far so good:)

2. TSimons

With pic

Attached Files:

3. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Uploading pics with Tapatalk is very convenient, but it does downsize them to a fairly small size, about 600 pixels. That looks fine on a 5 inch phone screen, but looks pretty puny on a big computer screen. It's more hassle, but I host my photos somewhere else in the size I want (800 pixels is big enough) and insert an image link in Tapatalk.

Herm2502 and Luteplayers like this.
  4. TSimons

Agreed it is convenient, not sure I'll stick with it for the few benefits.

5. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I love tapatalk as I do most of foruming on my phone or a tablet. I don't use the picture feature either, I host elsewhere and insert the link.

6. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Tapatalk is my normal way to interact with the forum. I post my SOTD entries everyday from my phone while I'm on the bus to work. It's the way I do almost all of my forum reading. Right now I'm sitting on the couch on a lazy Saturday morning. But when I have the chance to read the forum on a big screen, I'm always impressed with how good the photos look!

Herm2502 likes this.
  7. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I use Tapatalk for pretty much all my posts, and really haven't found a problem with the pictures that are uploaded from the app. (Though my iPad is usually the largest screen I view them on. May have to use a desktop to see how that look on a larger screen.)

8. TSimons

I host my pictures on Photobucket, and insert the link as well. I'd use the tapatalk if the images were not so small on desktop.

I also post my SOTD on the bus going to work, but I record all my SOTDs to Evernote first and then copy them over.

For the most part I don't have a problem with the mobile site on my phone. I do miss the ability to jump to the top of a thread or to new posts on the mobile site though. I haven't tried linking a photo from mobile yet, but I don't imaging it would be smooth as on a desktop.

Tapatalk takes care of those issues, but I'm not keen on the interface, and its not supported on my phone... It's a nice app, but I'll probably stick to desktop and mobile access

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I'm able to use Tapatalk on my iPhone...what phone are you using?

10. TSimons

BlackBerry Z10

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

Ah, OK - looked at the Tapatalk forums, and it appears that Tapatalk's BB version was rejected by BB App World. Guess there won't be a BB version anytime soon.

12. TSimons

I'm not sure the details of why it got pulled from the BB app store. but I don't think it will be coming back. Tapatalk just don't seem interested.

13. TSimons

link test...

14. TSimons

SPOILS! (open)
    I just spoiled your mind.

15. TSimons

SPOILS! (open)
    I just spoiled your mind. pic [​IMG]