How do you make your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Dec 11, 2011.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Yes I do. I have one. It makes the coffee into almost a syrup. You put (for example) a 12oz. can of coffee in the brewing container. In the bottom of the container you insert a small filter, and a cork (or a small plug) Fill the container with cold water. (I always used filtered tap water) Let it sit in your refrigerator for over night. (Usually 12 to 18 hrs.) Then drain into the carafe. Then when you wanted a cup of coffee you put a table spoon or a tea spoon (depending on your tastes) in any coffee cup with hot water. It works better for iced coffee as far as I am concerned. Makes good hot coffee but seems to me to be a bigger pain than anything else.
    You can buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond. Also I think on Amazon. You can also buy them at 6Bucks Coffee shops aka Starbucks. Good Luck there seems to be an art to making good coffee with them.
    Here is a link http://www.filtron.com/

Boojum1 likes this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Changed my mind when I realized the Bunn kept the water hot constantly to brew fast, doesn't make much sense for a single pot a day.

I just ordered a Bonavita BV18000TH after spending some time researching. I don't think I'll volunteer the price I paid to SWMBO though, it's more than I've ever paid for a coffeemaker but hopefully the coffee will be worth it.

Boojum1 and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I think you need to have a conversation with a Razor Stroop , behind the Barn or Garage, or better yet in the middle of the Town Square. I have never seen any bad reports about this coffee Maker.

4. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

I love a good french press... For me it's the best cup of joe hands down.

Spit_Fire, Boojum1 and HolyRollah like this.
  5. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Good ol' Mr. Coffee at work but a Keurig at home (my wife doesn't drink coffee so it's perfect for just me).

Boojum1 likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:signs011: "
    "Une tasse de Joe, s'il vous plaît" :cool:

Boojum1 likes this.
  7. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

My first choice is always the French press, but I also use a Keurig with the Solofill reusable filter and fresh ground beans.

Boojum1 likes this.
  8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

French Press, I have a jumbo, a medium and a small size

Boojum1 likes this.
  9. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I walk to my local coffee house and have the tattooed hipster beauties draw me a cup. I can often be found there in my bathrobe and slippers.

Crazy is Big Medicine.

Bristle Me and Boojum1 like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

:pics:

Boojum1 likes this.
  11. Kilgore Trout

ROFL!

Those shots will never get in the public domain.

Bristle Me likes this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

[​IMG]

13. Kilgore Trout

14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

We have a Mr. Coffee machine for that early morning first cup. We buy the whole coffee beans and fresh grind every morning. The Nespresso machine is the best for a late morning Cappuccino or after dinner Expresso.

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

15. cubancigar2000

Made mine with a French Press today. The coffee is Costa Rica La Minita from Happy Mug and it is to die for

16. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm taking off early this morning so I just made a cup with my Keurig.

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Your situation this morn is where all those Keurig, Nespresso and other 'pod' units really come in handy!

I made a big Bodum pot of french-pressed Peet's Major Dickason for my wife & I to share over the morning paper. I love Saturday morns….

[​IMG]

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  18. cubancigar2000

I also use the Boudum Press and I used the one on the right. Costa Rica La Minita. This stuff is goooood 2014-09-24 16.12.06.jpg

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Light & Bright?

20. cubancigar2000

I don't like a real light or a real dark roast. The bag says lightly roasted but it has a lot of flavor. I would call it the middle of the road. When I drink a whole pot and make another, it has to be good and this one is

HolyRollah likes this.