The Haul: August 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Soaking scales. At least on this forum.

2. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

:signs011: It will also condition leather, but I plan on using it to clean up a set of horn scales

PatrickA51 and GDCarrington like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent!

PatrickA51, Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary!

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

And there was me getting all excited about getting a rare soap at discount. Doh!!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

Just arrived from manuel:

[​IMG]

7. RazorZombie

RazorZombie Member

Wait...Salvatore made a tabletop RPG? Time to dust off my polyhedrals.

Bought myself a new mug (red one) to see if a little more lathering space might help me out.

[​IMG]

8. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Yes sir! It just became available for sale. Its based on his DemonWars saga (obviously) so you are minks with the magic stones. However he also wrote in a rogue class that you can pick. I didn't take part in the beta testing (though I had all the manuals...just no one to play with), but it is easier and quicker to play than the new D&D's.

RazorZombie likes this.
  9. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

August 30; The Victory Day Haul (A special day for Turkish Cypriots and Turkish people for defeating Greek army and declaring absolute victory in Turkey)
    I bought a new hand made shaving bowl from a touristic store in my hometown for 3 dollars. It has floral reliefs and these reliefs will help me to create a richer lather I hope.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another purchase is a gillette slim with the exact code (L4) of my previous purchase :) This one came with a box and it is in a better shape in general. I paid 10 dollars for it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll clean up the razor and its box asap and I'll try to post them here.

Norseman, Bobcat, John Beeman and 5 others like this.
  10. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

That bowl looks great!

Recklesstr likes this.
  11. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

My goodness..... :)

Blue Bowl from Turkey.jpg

That is one beautiful bowl!!

GDCarrington and Recklesstr like this.
  12. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Thank you! :)

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

IMG_0576.JPG
    My first injector shave razor.
    IMG_0580.JPG

Schick M32 Injector

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

15. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I’ve just fallen off the wagon and ordered my first soap in 6 months. But when I saw the ad for a “locally” produced shaving soap I couldn’t help myself and curiosity got the best of me.
    The soap is called Brutalt bra Barbersåpe, and can roughly be translated to Brutally good shaving soap. I have to admit that this lingo is not part of my daily vocabulary, but I believe it to be common in the mid-north part of Norway..

Anyway, it arrived today and looks very promising. The container is rather small, and probably a little too small for my everyday brush. But I guess time will tell. :)

DSC_8126.JPG

Bobcat, Recklesstr, TitanTTB and 4 others like this.
  16. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I hope it is brutally good =P

Boojum1 and Norseman like this.
  17. Norseman

The test lathering looked very promising. I loaded the brush for 10-12 seconds before moving to my bowl and continued working it for another 20-30 seconds. It more or less exploded in what looked to be very slick lather that might prove to give my beard a very brutal trimming :)

Omelmad likes this.
  18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Nice! =) I like your lather bowl by the way. The green one

Norseman likes this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Like my dad always says "If you're gonna fall off the wagon, might as well get ran over by it too."

Slow Joe and Norseman like this.
  20. Norseman

Thanks, It's an old tea mug I stole it from the Jedi Master (wife), hence the Yoda colour :)

I tried replacing it with a scuttle from Robert Becker, but that proved to be too big and I have not used it for better part of a year.
    I have been thinking about getting a proper lathering bowl, like the Captains Choice bowl or perhaps the Knockout shave mug. But I fear the shipping will be too steep. Furthermore, the CC bowl lacks a proper handle, and the Knockout bowl looks too small and not deep enough.
    I want a bowl with a typical cup handle, ridges on the bottom and a depth in the range of 10-12 cm. Diameter about the same.

Your dad sounds like a wise man, and from what I can tell he raised his son well :)

Ryan B and Omelmad like this.