Synergy Frost_byte shaving soap - colddddddd!!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by crackstar, Aug 27, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Here's my review of the Synergy Frost_byte soap which I recently bought.

Ease of lathering: 10/10-- Explodes into lather instantly. Not much product is needed either.

Longevity of lather: 10/10-- Multi-pass shaves are no problem at all with this soap.

General skincare: 8/10-- Very strongly-mentholated and pretty protective. Good soothing sensation.

Scent: 7/10-- A strong eucalyptus/menthol/peppermint kind of scent. Fades a bit when you lather up.

Price: 8/10-- Not too bad when you consider it's a huge container.

Would I buy again: 9/10-- I don't see why not. I'm sure I would. I love mentholated stuff so much.

Doug from How To Grow a Moustache launched his product line a while ago and he created this very nice soap. It lathers like a champ, smells fairly nice when the lather is on your face, and although the menthol effect is somewhat less than the Stirling Glacial soaps this soap still falls into the hyper-menthol category and it's capable of freezing a man's face off. The skincare is pretty good as well. Price-wise, 16,95$ is not bad for an 8 ounce container. Yes, I give this soap double-thumbs up. Welcome to my rotation, Frost_byte! ;)

2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Synergy too. I have the bay rum and enjoy it. HTGAM is great stuff.

crackstar likes this.
  3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I received this soap in a trade, and it was my first experience with a menthol soap. Talk about running before you learn to walk...lol. I agree that its an easy to lather soap and should be added to the collection of the menthol lovers out there. It was just too strong for a rookie. I found a new home for the frostbyte, but would try again after I build up my tolerance. Nice review.

crackstar likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice Jeff. Every time I use menthol products I ALWAYS think of you :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

crackstar likes this.
  5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Good review..but the soap has to be cold enough to freek out you're brother in law. When he can't take it, that's when you know it's good..;):Animatedfrozensmily:

crackstar likes this.
  6. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

Nice review!

I haven't tried the Frostbite yet but was lucky enough to grab a Barberpole. HGTAM is in my top 3. Great stuff!

crackstar likes this.
  7. I have been using Frost Byte recently for my last few shaves and love it. It lathers up great and feels wonderful during a shave.

crackstar likes this.
  8. BoxAlarm-81

BoxAlarm-81 Member

If you are really into menthol, you have got to try stirling glacial spearmint! Brings tears to your eyes. Open freezer insert face!!! :Animatedfrozensmily:

crackstar likes this.
  9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried a sample of the Glacial Spearmint and it can knock someone who has trouble tolerating menthol for a loop. All the Glacial soaps can, for that matter. :)