How's Your Day? -- Sept. 2014

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Sorry about the foot but congrats on the archery tournament acceptation =) sounds like fun. I have been interested in archery for some time. But it's a to expenaive hobby for me and I live in an apartment so I don't have a yard to practice. If I go outside with a now I would w arrested hahaha

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Actually, I was out of bed around 6:30. If I had to go to work, I'd have been up at 5. But the fun part is that I didn't shower & dress until 9.

Mr. Shaverman and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sara at 8:45... courtesy of the Penguinators....

[​IMG]

macaronus, lradke, Intrigued and 4 others like this.
  4. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

3rd straight day of fighting sinus and ear infections.:sad024:

macaronus and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  5. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I applied for a job a few months ago and it was filled. Well, my aunt informed me about a week and half ago that they had another opening. I called and the lady In charge left me message to call back. Well, I got ahold of here today and guess what they filled the position. Why didn't they just tell me that in the beginning instead of me trying so hard to get in contact with them. So needles to ay I am not in a good mood.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Same here, the ear ache is driving me crazy.

7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Happy birthday Dan..:git:Heal those infections Gws and Razorburn.:duel: Have a nice day everybody..:p

CyanideMetal and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

So big day today! My oldest started grade one today and she could hardly sleep last night from excitement. She was nervous about going, new school in a new city...so that's understandable. Today when my wife went to pick her up today, she met my daughter who was crying and saying she never wants to go back.

After a little prying we figured out that despite us notifying the school that she has a life threatening peanut allergy, all they did was put her at a separate table (next to the "normal" tables) to eat her lunch. There is one other kid with "allergies" sitting at her table, from a different grade, so she refused to talk to my girl. It's really infuriating that they segregated her for her allergy, in today's day of including everyone and equality, and doesn't care about food allergies (says so on the school site...it says that kids have allergies so don't share your peanuts with someone who has peanut allergies...perfect advice for a 6 year old.....sigh.......).

All the other schools are nut free, so I am pulling my daughter from school until it is addressed. It isn't worth her life to send her somewhere that doesn't take it seriously.

...but hey, maybe I'm overreacting...

On a positive note, I am registering her in Scouts, and I get to be one of the leaders! :)

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I don't think you are overreacting one bit. After all, you are your daughters protector. Scouts is a great place for youngsters to learn and grow.

FatherofSquirrel and lradke like this.
  10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I concur with Razorburn123. You are not overreacting one bit. I think the school/teachers are under reacting. What part of "life threatening peanut allergy" don't they understand?

11. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Sent my oldest son off to his first year of college....with a Tech and a box of Med Preps.:cool:

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Shouldn't a wabbit lounge around, wearing People slippers?

RaZorBurn123 and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I am a moron. No other details necessary, but I've been stressing over a situation when the answer has been right under my nose the entire time.

macaronus and BigMark like this.
  14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

It happens to all of us.

CyanideMetal and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm assuming that your people slippers were in the wash. I'm just posting what the Penguinators found. Granted, it does seem a little odd tho.

macaronus and Sara-s like this.
  16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Get well soon, guys!

Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I completely sympathize, mate! In stead of 'been there, done that' I'd have to say: "am there, doing that"... I can't think straight (or in bends, dashes, curves, corners or in fact at all). Guess I'm in the ignoring state of burn-out. Problem is, I can't quit.

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm just glad brain farts don't stink.

macaronus likes this.
  19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

This one does...
    fart.gif

20. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Sorry about that.