SoS: October 20, 2014 - October 26, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 19, 2014.

1. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I had trouble with the shaving soap leaving residue but not at all with the bath soap. I quite like the bath soap actually.

Llyr, vwp528, oscar11 and 1 other person like this.
  2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

She gave me before and after picture shots so I was defenseless. We all like the soaps and I believe we had close to 20 at one time on the shelf but I have no desire to spend a half to full hour scrubbing the walls and shower floor so her wish is my command :)

Llyr, vwp528, oscar11 and 3 others like this.
  3. fram773

I'm buying that deodorant.

Llyr, Radiotube, vwp528 and 3 others like this.
  4. ram57

Been using that deodorant stick for 3 months and works like a charm plus no more stains in the armpits of my T-shirts.

Llyr, Radiotube, vwp528 and 2 others like this.
  5. fram773

It is deodorant though not anti antiperspirant?

Llyr, vwp528, crackstar and 1 other person like this.
  6. ram57

Yes, but some of the Deo's I used years ago left stains just like some of the antiperspirants.

Llyr, vwp528 and crackstar like this.
  7. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Tuesday Morning Shave
    Razor:
    Gillette NEW
    Blade: Derby (1)
    Brush: Isana Men Pure Badger
    Soap: Derby
    AS Balm: Yves Rocher

It was a great shave with BBS. No irritaiton or nick. This time derby blade suprised me by giving me a great shave.

8. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Tyr's Day:

Prep: Hot compress, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac Preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Grapefruit Mint
    Razor: Merkur 41c 1904 OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (1, 2)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Aveeno Active Naturals AS balm
    Cologne: Burberry Brit by Burberry

The Ginger's Garden lathers well enough that I could shave reasonably confidently with my Swiss Army knife; the Bic is smooth and sharp enough that I could shave reasonably confidently using dishwashing detergent for soap. Combine the two, and I wind up with a predictably comfortable DFS shave; the only reason I stopped at 2 passes is my early class this AM.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Shark day 2
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Vifrex AS Gel :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Pour Homme EdT

Brrrrrrrrrrrr cold and beautiful is the best way to describe today's shave - man alive, the Glacial Lemon Chill soap froze my damned face off with its awesome lather and the soothing effect from it is terrific also. I hadn't used the Vifrex gel in a long time - in fact I'd forgotten I even had it, and I owe myself the pleasure of using it more often because it smells really nice and it has one hell of a menthol effect. The Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel was a wonderful finish to this great shave. Again, these Egyptian-made Shark blades are very good - they're smooth and sharp. ;) :D

10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    Parker pure badger
    nana June's bay rum soap
    Gillette long comb new w/ ball end handle
    persona lab(4)
    virgin island bay rum
    today's shave went well. temptation said use a new soap. reason said I've got three in play. reason won out, nana June's it was. three passes, very close. the ball end, one of my first de's, is always a close shave.finished with liquid napalm, oops,I mean virgin island.
    hope y'all did as well or better. 20141021_070746.jpg

11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Tuesday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: Stirling Clubman
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
    Brush: Elite Razor Silvertip-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Clubman

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Clubman today. Always great lather. I loaded the ER brush for 30 seconds and got enough lather for 3+ passes. Polsilver SI still in the Slim. Another excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Clubman.

Bob

[​IMG]

12. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

10/21/14

Prep: warm wash with Stirling bath bar
    Lather: IanS Soaps (etsy) lavender
    Brush: Vie-Long 13061M horsehair
    Razor: Weber PH
    Blade: Merkur Super (2)

3 pass shave this morning. I've been using this soap since August 22, not quite exclusively, but close and it just keeps delivering. This was my 51st lather off of this puck. I think it is about 2/3 gone, but it may be more or less. Regardless, I got a DFS today and am really enjoying getting reacquainted with the Weber PH.

13. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD Oct 21

Prep:
    hot shower
    Razor: "W2" ball end tech
    Blade: Merkur (day 4)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Col Conk lime w/M-bomb

The menthol level of yesterday's shave could have been higher, so I decided to key today's shave the same, but with more M-Bomb. Unfortunately it was early and I couldn't count the drops from the first squeeze...

The lather wasn't as nice,but was still very good. Not much of the menthol feeling from the first pass, but it was absolutely there on pass number two.

Dropped the 444 post shave in favor of witch hazel, also switched out the Wacky Tacky Moustache wax for Petal Pushers Fancies this morning...

14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 Bema
    Ian's Shaving Soap
    homemade boar
    Decent shave this morning but could have been better. I'll play with the blade tonight. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Gem "Bullet Tip" razor / Treet blade
    Schick I1 razor / Schick blade
    Colgate Cup Soap
    WSP Prince brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel/Sage mix
    Barbasol Brisk A/S

Well, neither razor/blade combo worked all that well today. Blades need changed in both and I was to lazy to do it. Still, ended up getting a close, if not so comfortable shave.

16. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy
    Personna Med. Prep
    M&F Chief
    CRSW - Spiced Amber
    Fine - Platinum

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

TUESDAY
    Back to Work Day!
    After nearly 3 weeks off, I'm finally heading back to the office. I can only imagine the pile of work on my desk! But since I'm feeling nearly 100% again :), the chores should be easier than they were pre-CTS surgery.
    Another smooth shave with the Henckel 'Blue Steel'. Since I've been growing some facial hair back ('soul' patch), I have to be mindful of that fact & not 'clear cut' everything in the razor's path. Keeps me alert!
    Have a great Tuesday, all!
    [​IMG]

18. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

10/21/2014 Open Comb October

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Valet Autostrop OC, Dubl Duck Goldedge straight razor
    Blade: Modified Gem PTFE coated SE blade (1)
    Brush: Col Conk Pure Badger
    Soap: L'Occitane - Cade
    After: Home made ASB, Aqua Velva Musk after shave
    Cologne: Prada - Amber Pour Homme Intense

Another 2 pass Darn Fine Shave this morning. The badger whipped up the Cade to an almost yogurt like consistency. I modified and loaded up a new blade for the Valet last night. The Valet and the Duck had no problems mowing down the stubble. The Prada will have me smelling great all day.

Have a blessed day!

IMG_20141021_082412.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  19. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Tuesday:
    Prep: Hot shower with Dial soap
    Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Pre-Shave: Shave Secret Oil
    Brush: L'Occitane Synthetic
    Soap: Arko Stick
    Mug: The Rocketeer
    Aftershave: Florida Water
    2014-10-21 ShaveOfTheDay.jpg
    My first time for Arko and Florida Water.
    I love both of them!
    I need to figure out how to use the Arko in a dish or mug though. I ended up bunching up the end of my brush (wet) and dabbing the end of the soap stick for about 30 seconds and worked what soap transferred off into a lather in the bowl. I only got a little, but it lathered good! For my second pass, I used the stick on my face and lathered it with the brush on my face directly. That got the job done, but I think I would rather mash the soap into a bowl and leave it in there permanently. It seemed sort of hard though, so I'm not sure if it will be pliable enough to mash down. Have you guys done that? Do you need to pre-soften it with some hot water overnight first?

The Florida Water- I poured out more than I expected to in my palm... barely catching the overflow with my other hand as I set the bottle down. I split the amount between palms and splashed my face, neck, shoulders and chest with it. It bloomed and filled my nostrils with a heavenly scent and I felt the sting on my face and neck but only for a short time. As it dried down, it tapered off to a powdery smell (my wife's description). I really enjoy the scent. I think this will be one of my favorites.

20. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Tuesday
    hot shower
    Semogue 620
    Somersets PSO :love055::love055: :smiley freezing:
    TSD Blue Juniper Lanolin Soap :love055::love055:
    40's style SS/Super-Max Sunrise (3)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Tend Skin
    Cade ASB mixed with a pea sized amount of 444 :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cade edt

Great 2 pass face,1 pass dome,BBS all around!

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool: