SoS: October 20, 2014 - October 26, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 19, 2014.

1. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Plan for Tomorrow ~ Thursday, October 23, 2014

Razor: B-1 Red Tip Super Speed
    Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
    Brush: Whipped Dog Boar (30mmX 65mm)
    Lather: Shave Den Pumpkin Harvest

IMG_0096.JPG :happy088:

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod141023.JPG
    OCtober 23's zcws.png

Noxema Classic Clean
    TOBS Grapefruit Shaving Cream
    Vie-Long 12704 Horse Hair Brush
    Merkur 15c Comb
    Personna Stainless Comfort Coated
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

This is my second day with some new shaving stuff. The Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit face-lathered well with my new Vie-Long horse hair brush. It is still a little scritchy and smells like a horse's rear, so I am hoping that the smell will pass in time. The Merkur 15c open comb razor performed flawlessly with the Personna Stainless Steel blade. After a cold water rinse and the Asma alum block, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. It all ended with a close comfortable shave, and I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I used Bay Rum today. I was thinking about using the unscented but decided it would be a Bay Rum day for soap and A/S.

vwp528, oscar11, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave 23 OCtober

[​IMG]

6. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    SOTD - Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hot shower
    Prep: Lome PSO
    Brush: L'Occitane/Plisson synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Razor: Weber PH
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
    Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

- Don

7. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Wednesday morning -

Prep - Noxzema & hot towel
    Lather - Mitchell's Wool Fat & suribachi
    Brush - Omega 40033
    Razor - Wade & Butcher 13/16 faux frame back

2 pass
    Warm water rinse & cold water splash
    Alum block & Witch-hazel AS

[​IMG]

Fantastic shave with the Mitchell's this morning. I haven't been using it as frequently for the past 6 months or so, but with the cooler weather coming on I think that'll change soon enough. Have a good 'un.

:eatdrink013:

8. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Iberia 14
    H.I.S. brush
    Barrister & Mann Fougere Imperiale soap
    Figaro AS

IMG_4441.JPG

9. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

This was the fourth time using this soap and I find the scent to be a very manly scent. I don't have any problems lathering it up but I have read some individuals have to load for a minute or little over a minute. Post shave is so smooth that an AS is not really necessary but pairs well with their 1907 AS and fragrance lingers longer than most aftershaves I have tried. This is how WN describes the scent of 1907 "Wm. Neumann's famous Signature scent from 1907 began with his Famous Plum and Apple Brandy combined with Cinnamon and Caribbean Spices, Vanilla, Juniper, Cardamom, Labdanum, Cedar, and Sandalwood. A traditional clean masculine fragrance that is classy, bright, fresh, and timeless. A favorite amongst the politicians and business executives of the era whom frequented his drugstore". I first tried a sample of the soap and liked it so much I went ahead and got the half pounder and the Aftershave to match. To me it is a scent or soap that one can use year round and not just the fall/winter time frame. It is not an inexpensive shave soap but in my opinion worth the money and though the half pounder will last a long time, it is one that I will be purchasing again.

RaZorBurn123, vwp528, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

THURSDAY
    Evening Shave For Tomorrow
    A fine 3-pass cold-water shave this evening using a razor that has the 'keenest' edge that this novice honer has created. Not the smoothest shave ever, but definitely efficient. I need to refine the edge a bit to smooth out some of the harshness (perhaps hit it on the Escher). Still an enjoyable shave, however and, as with most, room for improvement. It'd get old fast if I had to deal with perfection every shave….:D

[​IMG]

11. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Thursday Morning Shave
    Razor:
    Gillette Super Speed
    Blade: Derby (2)
    Brush: Isana Men Pure Badger
    Soap: Arko
    AS: Barbon

I had a BBS this morning. I get great results with most of the blades in market these days. Maybe that's because of getting used to traditional shaving more in 2 years.

Slow Joe, ObiDon, figment714 and 20 others like this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Great shave
    The London Barbershop really shined today. I bloomed it with a bit of water while I brushed my teeth, and it rewarded me with excellent lather and a great scent. No weepers or irritation, courtesy of my iKon SC101 and a non-dud Personna lab blue. Aqua Velva Ice Blue Sport matches nicely with most barbershop scents, and this is no exception.

Prep: Proraso Green pre barba
    Soap: Maggard's London Barbershop
    Brush: HIS Lather Monster
    Razor: iKon SC101
    Blade: Personna lab blue (1)
    AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue Sport
    [​IMG]

13. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

6/8 Wustof
    Stirling Port Au Prince
    homemade boar, big Omega
    Excellent shave today. Still playing with the Apache Strata and getting some very nice edges. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

Slow Joe, ObiDon, figment714 and 18 others like this.
  14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday:

Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Shark day 4
    Klar Kabinett SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Lubriderm Unscented Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Booster Mosswood AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Pino Silvestre EdT

I have to use some of my other soaps, even the non-mentholated ones and the Kabinett lathered so well for me this morning. It's the only rosy-scented soap which I can really say I like because I find the scent old-school and traditional - not feminine. The skincare is a little off the mark compared to some of my other soaps, but a little Lubriderm moisturizer fixed that right away. I love the Mosswood aftershave - it's a real Canadian barbershop classic, and very soothing. The Shark delivered a terrific BBS shave with no issues whatsoever. ;) :D

15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Thursday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: Barrister & Mann-Leviathan Sample
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
    Brush: oscar11 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Fine American Blend

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Barrister & Mann Leviathan today. This was my 2nd shave with this sample. I loaded the oscar11 brush for 40 seconds and got enough lather for 3+ passes. 6th day with the Polsilver SI in the Slim. Another excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Fine American Blend.

Bob

[​IMG]

16. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    Kent silvertex
    nana June's bay rum soap
    ConRad open comb
    croma(2)
    virgin island bay rum
    today's shave went ok.
    the Conrad razor seems a little lighter than I'm used to. had to work it a little. three passes and touch up, ended up smooth. finished with vibr.
    hope y'all did as well, or better.
    20141023_072913.jpg

Slow Joe, ObiDon, crackstar and 16 others like this.
  17. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Schick G1 razor Personna blade
    Stirling Cool SS
    Omega 10065 brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel/Sage mix
    Pinaud Lime Sec EDC

Somedays you feel like a Lime, some days you don't. Today I do and I smell great. BTW, very nice shave as well

19. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Yesterday's shave.......
    20141022_215628 (1024x768).jpg
    a well sealed and kept dispenser of Schick Krona Black Beauties the chosen blade given a few strops on a pair of jeans, for what that's worth..end result a satisfying cbd shave. Close but different. 4 passes instead of three with my Gold Fat Handle Tech, Rooney 1/3 Ebony/Best bowl lathered with Pre de Provence soap. Floid Blue AS
    An unforgettable, good, experience.

20. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD Oct 23

Prep:
    hot shower
    Razor:"W2" ball end tech
    Blade: Treet Black (day 2)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: TSD Tea Tree

Much better lather today in terms of volume and speed. I am still dealing with some areas where my razor will want to stick to my face, I'm concerned it is from a lack of glide with the TSD tea tree soap...

Regardless of the sticking, today's shaving reward was a wonderfully comfortable DFS.