Why Men don't write advice colums.

Discussion in 'Clean Jokes' started by Jamie Mahoney, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Why Men don’t write advice columns
    Dear Walter,
    I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn’t gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband’s help. When I got home I couldn’t believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbour lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that he’d been having an affair for the past six months.
    I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don’t feel I can get through to him anymore.
    Can you please help?
    Sincerely,
    Mrs Sheila Usk

Dear Sheila,
    A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.
    I hope this helps.
    Walter

rp_63, richgem, GDCarrington and 2 others like this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahaha very bad advice columnist

GDCarrington and Jamie Mahoney like this.
  3. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Hmmm...

I read through the response three times and found nothing really "wrong".
    I would add that since we are obviously talking carbureted engine era that
    a quick check of the distributor cap and coil/coil wire may be in order as well. :D

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Very bad advice. HE should have advised her to get a VERY expensive new car & a new husband to go with it.

5. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the lady could have at least put her name down for a class in basic motor mechanics, It goes without saying that Sara's obvious an expert in everything mechanical besides being probably drop dead gorgeous so this scenario would never happen to her, Sara also gave me sound advice she told me that the Wife store in Toronto on the 4th floor has women who love sex, have their own money and would rather shop for (and know how to use) power tools, than shoes, there that shows you that Sara must be the Women of all our dreams.;)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

he should have told her to check the gas gauge.

Bristle Me and GDCarrington like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well he gave some good advice for her car issues.

But you are right that it is not comprehensive enough. Because of that I will give it 3 out of 5 stars. ;)

Bristle Me likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well it seems if the tank was empty her husband was really remiss in the situation. ;)

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You clearly have excellent judgment. BTW, I am 5'8" with blue eyes && acres of curly hair. And back in the days of carburetors, I was quite capable of unsticking a stuck butterfly valve.