Acqua di Gio alternative

Discussion in 'Scents' started by tuxxdk, Oct 15, 2014.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Hello

Si, I was looking at the 50mm flash of EdT Acqua di Gio. Liked the scent and thought of getting it..... Until I saw the price at a wopping USD80+

Are there any alternatives?

2. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

My wife usually buys me the EdT and A/s gift set at Christmas time. I think then you can get both for about $85.

Other than that I haven't found any other scent like it and none of the imitation scent brands have actually been accurate.

3. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

I just ordered Aqua DGO soap from Stirling! I think it may be new? If you ask Rod, maybe he could make an AS of this scent?

4. FlightMedic

I spoke to him a couple weeks ago about a DGO aftershave and preshave and he said plans are in the works for later on.

5. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I've heard that knockoffs from SaveOnScents are pretty good. Here is their knockoff of Acqua di Gio. 2 oz. of EdP (33% concentration, probably twice or more as concentrated as EdT) is around $10. To be clear, I haven't ordered from them or used their products, though I'm considering getting a couple samples.

6. tuxxdk

Hey guys. Thanks for the fine suggestions.

I tried putting an order together on SoS but shipping included it's more expensive than the real stuff.

I think it's because it's an alcohol liquid.

Down the road I think I've desided to find another scent. Turns out AdG is worn by everyone here. No point in smelling like the dude next to you, no matter how good it is :)

Bird Lives likes this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Atta boy Tuxx....theres a ton of great scents waiting to be tried....The search for various signature scents can be quite rewarding....The search can be full of surprises....};^)

tuxxdk and Sean Coughlin like this.
  8. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

FlightMedic, may I ask who Rod is? I would surely be interested if any such soap became available, and would be happy to provide feedback on any proto's too.

9. FlightMedic

Rod owns Stirling Soap company. They make an Acqua di Gio shave soap and bath soap. I use both regularly and have found the scent to be dead on but I'm not sure if they have an aftershave.

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sweet Water by Country Club is based on Aqua di Dio.

Sweet Water-Aqua di Gio

[​IMG]

tuxxdk likes this.
  11. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

Thanks FlightMedic. I will have to check out Stirling; one more on the list!

12. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Ive never been to big a fan of RL polo, but i have the white bottle of polo blue sport and im enjoying it and get some good feedback....its also about half the price of gio. I also like some of the scents that were popular when i was really young even though they dont have as big of following joop and drakkar...for all three scents i only use a subtle amount less is more when it comes to cologne

13. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Nautica Voyage is a very nice reasonably priced aquatic cologne. Some similar notes in it, very much the same vibe as AdG....with a bit more of a barber shoppe flair to it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Double Edge Dougy and Bymainer like this.
  14. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Walmart carries a clone of Aqua Di Gio .. it actually smells very good and is under $10 i could still smell it on me 8+ hours after applying

15. tuxxdk

Lots of good alternatives, it seems.

I ventured down another road.

16. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Why not the TSD version?

I've used the original and the TSD version does it for me!

17. tuxxdk

Because all included it's around 70 USD. That's assuming the standard shipping allows alcohol.

Rufus T. likes this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ah, agreed. That's a game changer for sure.

19. tuxxdk

It's very limiting to order anything above 10 USD because tax and customs fee ruins every good deal here.

Robyflexx likes this.