Tea Drinkers?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Ryan B, Sep 12, 2013.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've used Tips but now prefer Typhoo. Twinings Earl Grey is good stuff but have never seen the 1706. Barry's is pretty pricey when I've spotted it so haven't tried it.

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

We Southerners are practically weaned on sweet iced tea, and I still drink it often but I do enjoy a nice cuppa Irish Breakfast tea in the morning and Earl Grey at night. I also enjoy a lemon infused gunpowder tea from Harney & Sons.

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Star like this.
  3. Star

Star Active Member

I drink tea every day. I'm not that hardcore about it, but I try to down three cups of green tea a day.

4. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Green tea every morning.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just finished a nice cup of PG Tips. Brought a bit of comfort to a damp, chilly afternoon.

6. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

This afternoon I had a cup of Market Spice (from Pike Place market in Seattle) signature orange spice white tea. It was spicy and warming for a gloomy damp day.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I really like the Jasmine green tea from Coffee bean and Tea leaf

8. swarden43

An old thread, but I was reminded of it as the weather has turned cooler and am enjoying a cup of Lapsang Souchong.

macaronus and cmorris357 like this.
  9. cmorris357

I keep Harney & Son's Earl Grey on hand at all times, I also have their Lemon Gunpowder. Pretty good.

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

This is weird that I found this thread today, because I just got back from the mall. There was a tea store I stopped in and I got 4 oz of loose tea. 2oz of Orange Blossom, and 2 oz of Youthberry tea. I have been drinking tea for many years now, and I drink it instead of coffee, both hot and iced tea. There are some great loose tea options out there, and it seems to be of much higher quality than the cheap tea bags I used to drink.

macaronus likes this.
  11. cmorris357

I'm enjoying a nice cup of Fenghuang Shuixian Oolong right now.

swarden43 likes this.
  12. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I love tea, but I'm rather pedestrian in my choices - store brand black and green tea works fine for me. Hot with honey in the Fall and Winter; cold with Truvia in the summer; lemon only if I have a cold or sore throat. (Same for my hot toddies.)

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Looked it up. Sounds interesting but can't wrap my mind around the "smoky" description in a tea?

14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Moroccan Mint for this guy.

15. swarden43

Think campfire. As you read, they smoke the leaves over a campfire.
    If you try it and sorta like it, but find it too smoky, Russian Caravan is a toned down version.

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Straight or sweetened?

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I love smoky teas. I had this really good tea the other day called Gunpowder. I think my absolute favorite is Thai Tea. I drink that like it's going out of style.

18. swarden43

I use 1 sugar and a splash of milk.

19. cmorris357

A nice cuppa Irish Breakfast tea with a little sugar and milk is a great way to start your morning. Of course a little (or lot of) bacon and buttered toast is a nice addition.

CarlfromMO and macaronus like this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Other than earl grey in the morning I drink mostly green teas. Sencha, bancha, genmaicha, gunpowder, earl green are my favourites. And mint when it's a hot day.