Is RazoRock P.160 a Cella clone?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Hairy Alaskan, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

So I've used P.160 a couple times and just used Cella tonight for the first time. I immediately noticed that it has the same scent but is a little fainter than the P.160. It seemed to lather better but that might be my imagination. I seem to get better lather from the P.160 through face lathering but the Cella seemed to do fine in a bowl, which is how I have always lathered soaps and creams.
    Don't get me wrong, they're both good soaps but I'm wondering if I basically bought the same product?

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No. RR P.160 is a clone of P.160 RR Classic is a clone of Cella.

3. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

I've been trying quite a variety of them recently, and all the almond scented Italian soft soaps bear an immediate and obviously noticeable similarity, of course; but the current iteration of the RazoRock P.160 seems most similar to the Vitos Classic to me, while the RazoRock Classic is indistinguishable in any practical sense (again, to me) to the Valobra Crema di Saprone Purissima. Other than the price, of course. The tallow and the veggie bases do make for a distinguishably different lather, especially when you have the opportunity to use them literally side-by-side. The Cella is very similar in some ways to the P.160 & the Vitos, but the sweeter scent of the Cella really does make it unique in my experience with some of the various Italian soft soaps. The Panna Crema soaps that I've tried are tallow based as well and so more similar to the P.160/Vitos/Cella model than the coconut & palm oil based RR Classsic & Valobra, but the real appeal of the Panna Crema soaps is in their unique scents (and probably somewhat in their hand-made appeal as well, at least to some consumers).

As far as lathering goes, all of these lather easily and all produce excellent, top quality lathers, but you may have to fiddle with each to find the proverbial sweet-spot for yourself.

Bristle Me likes this.
  4. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

That may be true but I don't want to spend 10,000 bucks to see how close the RR P.160 really is to the original.
    I'll take their word for it :)

5. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

I do not think so. I have used RR, P160, 3P, Cella, Vitos, and Valobra. Each has its own characteristics. I have disposed of all except for a tin of the original ABCBA which, IMHO, is heads above these.

However, I do miss the Cella.:(

Ed

6. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

Same story here, but I kept the original ABCBA and P.160 tipo morbido. With these two I don't miss the Cella and if I did I could buy some, I can't replace the two I kept.