In praise of Stirling Soaps...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

It's your fault I like glacial. I blame it all on you. I have to blame someone, and TSD's glacial addict seems like a good place to start :p It's just so addicting........

Douglas Carey and crackstar like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yadda, yadda, yadda, - blame it all on me. I'm used to it! :rofl:

3. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

MOGADISHU HOPE... Anybody try it? It looks like Stirlings first croap... but I could be wrong. I have a puck on the way. It's only $5.00, it comes in a tin, and it's the Elite line. It's a test batch.

Douglas Carey, crackstar and Porter like this.
  4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I thought about grabbing one tomorrow.

Douglas Carey and Omelmad like this.
  5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Glacial Spearmint 7/10

Not a fan of spearmint scent, but I did think it was appropriate for the soap. This was my first glacial, and I liked trying it.

Iced Coffee 6/10

An interesting mix of menthol and coffee. I enjoyed it, but it's not one I'm fond enough of to order. Also, the brown soap is a bit unsettling lol.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Bonaparte. A very fine and typically hard Stirling soap. It's full of rich complex smells that last throughout the day. I get a lot of clove. It lathers well once you learn it.

7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

TWSS

8. CyanideMetal

A Rose is a Rose is as Rose (diagram it)
    9/10

Tea Tree
    8/10

I made sticks out of both

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

TWSS?

10. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

@Razor Blade X, looking forward to hearing about Mogadishu hope, scent and performance.

Douglas Carey and Razor Blade X like this.
  11. CyanideMetal

(that's what she said)

12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I ordered some Naked & Smooth yesterday based on all the great reviews. This will be the first time I've tried Stirling Soap. I can't wait!

13. Razor Blade X

@wristwatchb naked and smooth is scentless.

@Porter I can't wait to try it out. This is a test batch yes... but I think it may be a croap. I could be wrong though.

Douglas Carey and wristwatchb like this.
  14. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

What do you mean by croap? His regular soaps are already pretty darn soft.

15. Razor Blade X

Croap even softer soap.

16. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Ok, I have to get my 2 cents in here. Granted I have only tried 1 of these, the Bay Rum, which has a nice scent. I did not however like the look of the soap, it looked dirty. It lathered fine and the shave was good with good cushion, but it took forever to get all of the residue off of everything. As they say YMMV.

Douglas Carey and fram773 like this.
  17. Razor Blade X

I love that level of sticky slickness. Thats is the only way I know I can double stroke an area that I don't necessarily see foam. I just use hot water to break it at the end of the shave then chase it with cold water. For me I don't care if the best soap looks like donkey sperm covered in mildew broccoli tips. Long as my shave is first rate. But, that's me. We ask like what we like in our own shave.

Lol... "Double Stroke" TWSS! (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!)

Douglas Carey and ezlovan like this.
  18. Razor Blade X

MOGADISHU HOPE - Being Stirling Soaps first CROAP.... is FANATICAL! Scent is HIGHLY EXOTIC! Only regret is that it doesn't have an aftershave (probably cause its a test batch). I like the scent as much as Sharp Dressed Man. Its bumped Ozark Mountain and Rose down on my list! I suggest you all get that test batch before it runs out. $5.00 and its the first Stirling puck that comes already in a Tin! Great deal! I may go back and grab another... the performance of this stuff is killer. No Stirling lathers like this.... I guarantee it! You have not ever been able to tap the puck lightly and a big glow stick to the brush and you barely touched it! I'd go so far as call it a thick cream in a tin! BRAVO Roderick Lovan!

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh interesting, I didn't know they'd come out with a croap.
    I'm still waiting for the return of the Lemongrass and Cajeput soap..when/if it returns I may just have to add this to the order as I am a fan of croaps in general.

20. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Received my 3 bath soaps today. Barbershop, Stirling Spice and Pig trail. Rod threw in a sample of Apple Harvest as well. They smell great and lather up beautifully. Looking forward to my shower.