Gillette Fusion flexball

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by cmorris357, Oct 30, 2014.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

So let me get this straight. Gillettes television commercial about the mercy rule in shaving compares the flexball with the regular fusion. The selling point being that we've been selling you crap razors for years and you should now buy this one. Must be a hard way to do business when you are your own competition.:happy068:

Troy M likes this.
  2. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Brand loyalty. You have to go an get the latest and greatest. Too bad their answer to traditional shaving has not re-introduced some of their older razors

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the problem there is that if they reintroduce the older razors, then they have to reintroduce all the toiletry supplies as well. Then instead of having a generic "shaving system", you get choice, and that's not cool.

4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Like Marlin firearms they can't build a new razor for what you can buy a used one for so they have to reinvent the wheel every few years.

5. cmorris357

Yeah, just when you think they can't come up with something more ridiculous, they do. I would love to watch the R&D at Gillette. Hey I just saw a vacuum cleaner with this rollerball thingy. What if we put that on a razor? Great! Next month we'll discuss the cartridge with 11 blades. The first one lifts the whisker, the second one sneaks up behind it and hits it across the head with a club. The third one takes it's wallet......

Kenny Ingram and macaronus like this.
  6. mikewood

Hey guys. I got a new idea. Remember last month when we made a razor with a deflated orange basket ball in the middle? How about a football, baseball and we can't leave those golfers out!

Radiotube likes this.
  7. cmorris357

How about we sell a sturdy well built razor that will last 50 years or more? It can take a single inexpensive disposable blade. That's it Johnson, we warned you about your goofy ideas, you're fired.

ObiDon and macaronus like this.
  8. I wonder how long it will be before they introdce the Mach 3 with flexball? Then they have the whole lineup of disposables. I happen
    to like the Flexball.

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

We still haven't got the Flexball in the UK. I may have to resort to eBay....

mikewood likes this.
  10. mikewood

Or a buddy of mine n the U.S. Who would send on one.

11. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

I really think that some time down the road people are going to lampoon these overpriced experiments that P&G have tried to keep their product relevant.

No matter what was tried the past 40 years, and I think I fell for them all, they all added up to an irritated face.

It wasn't until I discovered the safety razor and straight razor at Age 54 that I found that close, comfortable shaves on a consistent basis were attainable. I feel like I was a First Class Sucker, but at least I overcame it.

Slow Joe likes this.
  12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I am curious as to whether this new razor is a success or a failure. I am just surprised that it has only been launched in the USA. No sign of it here in Denmark.

13. BuckeyeML

BuckeyeML New Member

Maybe this will never happen, but I think it would be cool if P&G came out with a limited edition Gillette throwback DE razor each holiday season, complete with luxury packaging (e.g., a leather case). They would probably over-price it, but how many of us with RAD wouldn't eat that up?

ObiDon and gorgo2 like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I like the idea, a lot, but the cost of tooling to do it right - aka, like Gillette did decades ago - would be so prohibitive they wouldn't even try it. Even if they did, it would (most likely) be just another relatively junky Chinese DE like the ones we can now buy at Walmart.

15. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Every razor invented in the last 100+ years was a gimmick or experiment.

16. cmorris357

True. The problem is that if Gillette had been an auto maker, instead of making cars more comfortable, or fuel efficient, they would have just kept adding wheels.

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or maybe a donut fryer instead of an ash tray.

Slipperyjoe, Herm2502 and cmorris357 like this.
  18. cmorris357

Mmmmm! donuts.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Maybe in the future all cars will just big one big ball that you sit inside.

ObiDon likes this.
  20. cmorris357

And somewhere there will be a giant hamster laughing his tail off.

Herm2502 and richgem like this.