NO-Variation NOVember - one razor, one brush, one setup, one month. Can you do it?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Shotwell, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Skin Bracer looks a little low. Is it gonna make it?

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Old photo. I am working out of a new bottle. I am essentially using just two photos this month since nothing changes. See today's photo!

Herm2502 and GDCarrington like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sunday's Line-up
    I'll be cutting the C.O. Bigelow tube open and getting the last shave out of it tomorrow. Got a new big tube from B&BW today. This is an old photo as well.
    sod141123.JPG

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I was down to the last squeeze this morning. I couldn't get any more out, so I cut open the tube. I got enough for today's shave and for one more. Yesterday, we were at the mall and I got a big tube of COB at B&BW. Now I can finish out NOVember, Lord willing.
    1cobigelow2.jpg
    1cobigelow1.jpg

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Bravo to ALL that have made it this far! Keep going. :happy036:

imGrunt, Troy M, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Gents kudos to all who tried and decided it was not for them, for those who got derailed for outside issues, and especially for those who are still in this! :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

Troy M, dscaver and Herm2502 like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

and also to all those who stop in to say hi!

8. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Day 23 of my captivity. With only a week to go, I am hopeful that I will be able to make it to the date of my parole without shanking my cellmate.

Troy M, GDCarrington, dscaver and 2 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

I need December to get here, I have picked up and been given so many razors lately that I wanna try!!!
    (Actually, I will probably just do more thirty day rules. I am developing a 2015 shave plan...)

But on the other hand...I have gotten very proficient with my Utopia, this project will take me to 70+ days straight with it...

10. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

I know what you mean -- I have gotten quite adept with the Merkur 34C. But I'm still anxious to try out some other hardware and software. I'm going to do a bit of den-clearing in a week (at my 90-day Forum anniversary) but am still keeping enough of my favorite gear to keep me from getting bored. :)

Troy M, GDCarrington and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Monday's Shave (80% there)
    I cut the tube open and will be finishing it off. New tube for Tuesday.
    sod141124.JPG

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Blade test perhaps?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. Bama Samurai

How do you mean? So far my plan consists of phased periods with new razors next year, like secret Santa razor in Jan-February, Dad's injector March-april, so forth and so on. I have a dozen or so blade varieties in my stash that I would of course try to match with any new DE...I have two Cadet OC for next year and a 64 Slim now to learn as well. I want a plan that's gives me time to get a good feel. What kinda injector blades should I be looking at? I have settled on Voskhod and GSB as my top two for my Utopia, so it seems I like PTFE. But anyhow, that's what I meant by shave plan. I tend to be a little methodical about these things.

Troy M, GDCarrington and dscaver like this.
  14. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great plan to me

Dave

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

When you said you have gotten very proficient with your Utopia and 70 + days ... The time period reminded me of about one third of the time required for a certain blade test! :D

However, I like this plan because you will be able to get very familiar with each razor. Well played.

Troy M likes this.
  17. Bama Samurai

210/7= 30 weeks
    30weeks at three shaves per week, Arko all the time. 30 Blade labels tested.

Is that more or less who it works? My skin does best on 3-4x weekly. I can reliably achieve DFS+ on a 2 pass plus touchup. If the skills are really present, I would detect differences. I can tell the difference between Voskhod and GSB...but lucky for me they are both A+ blades for my face. I could revisit some maligned blades...

GDCarrington and Troy M like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Tuesday's Shave (83% there)
    New tube of COB
    sod141125.JPG

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Remember that this test was 7 days a week broken down into two major testing sessions due to some other group testing requirements that were in between the testing.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/de-blade-challenge-ii.28223/

20. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Shaving Dolls!!! Listen we've got dolls that walk, talk, cry, blink, and run a temperature. We don't need any shaving dolls. Now get to elf practice and learn how to wiggle your ears, chuckle warmly, go Hee Hee and Ho Ho and important stuff like that!