Barbon Review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Ryan B, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I bought this dirt cheap from someone on the site that shall not be named.

Price: 10. This stuff is dirt cheap in Hungary, pretty cheap when bought from Shaveabuck, and I bought it even cheaper ($3) from a private seller. No complaints here.
    Quality: 9. This stuff is pretty top notch. Hungary really has a diamond in the rough here.
    Scent: 10. To me this is like a fresher, more minty version of Musgo Real Original... my other favorite scent. But I smelled them side by side and they are completely different. I know this probably makes no sense.
    Latherability: 10. This is extremely easy to lather. A little goes a long way. Don't be stingy with the water, because it likes a lot of it.
    Efficacy: 9. No explanation needed.
    Moisturizing Properties: 9. My face felt refreshed, relaxed, and put me to sleep right after I shaved with it last night.
    Packaging: 9. It comes in a dark green tube. It looks pretty cool and old school (I just rhymed, I should be a rapper :rofl:.)
    Would I buy this again?: YES!

This cream is worth trying out because it's so cheap. This stuff rocks when paired with the Barbon Aftershave.

Yehuda D, Norseman, JRod22 and 4 others like this.
  2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Thanks, Ryan. I have seen this product at Shaveabuck, and wondered about it. Didn't want to take the plunge though - I recently got a tube of a cream that the vendor there says is his favorite, and that he "loves the scent". Well, your mileage truly may vary - to me it smells like musty old aunt Matilda - you know, that elderly aunt who always tweaked your cheeks and almost asphyxiated you between her ample busoms with a hug when you were a boy? Really a dear old lady, but always smelled way to strong of some sickly sweet perfume? That is what this cream smells like... Don't want to do that again!

So, thanks! I will give Barbon a try.

FacialCarnage and Ryan B like this.
  3. Ryan B

I'm glad I could help out. Could you tell me the name of the cream you mentioned?

crackstar likes this.
  4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Ummm, no, I better not. You might actually love it! Remember, YMMV!

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  5. Ryan B

I can't buy it if you don't tell me what it is. :p

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ryan reviewed this cream so well - everything he said is 100% accurate! ;)

7. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

FYI-Joe at shaveabuck.com has the Barbon cream back in stock....at $1.50!! I just ordered two more tubes. The Barbon AS is also in stock at $2.50!

[​IMG]

Yehuda D, Norseman and crackstar like this.
  8. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Good deal. He says that his stock is expired though.

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I missed that, but am not worried. I am sure it has a year + left............

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Ryan, super review! As always! That's a great price! I'm sure that soap is like wine, it gets better with age.

crackstar likes this.
  11. crackstar

The thing I like about the Barbon cream is that it's sort of like medical anesthesia for the skin. Yes, if you ever cut yourself you feel no pain and the cut heals by the time you finish shaving. The matching aftershave is a menthol bomb.

Yehuda D and Bobcat like this.
  12. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. Always good to find out about cheap but good supplies.

crackstar likes this.
  13. crackstar

Oh my, my - that's a very reasonable price for both of those items. :)

14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Now Jeff.......you are getting away from creams.............. :D

Thanks to you and Ryan for the heads up last year on Barbon!!

15. crackstar

It's true that I've made significant changes in my shaving routine. My soap shaves now outnumber my cream shaves by 10-1, but I still love the Barbon and many other good creams. :)

16. DEfettish

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I have to say that it is by far my favorite cream of the ones that I have.

17. DEfettish

Shaveabuck.com has Barbon for $1.50 a tube again.

Yehuda D, Mr. Shaverman and Bobcat like this.
  18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I just ordered the cream and the aftershave, $7.58 shipped. No idea how I'll like them, but I've been curious.

Yehuda D likes this.
  19. DEfettish

I love this stuff. It is my go to most mornings. The aftershave is okay. Not much of a scent but really does a good job cooling. I also went ahead and ordered a couple tubes of Figaro cream and aftershave. I have heard that it is just as good.

Yehuda D, Bobcat and crackstar like this.
  20. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

You will like the Figaro too...........

[​IMG]

Yehuda D, crackstar and DEfettish like this.