Vintage travel razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

ive seen quite few of these in fleabay in mint condition relatively cheap but no one bidding. Am I missing something? I know they have shorter handles and must be lighter.....anything else?

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

You mean the Gillette Travel Techs? Yep, short aluminum handle. There are a lot of these out there, and occasionally you'll find them on ebay as new old stock even. From what I've seen, the ones that don't get bid on are the ones that are really overpriced. It's been awhile since I've looked, but generally I'd say under $10 with free or $2 shipping would be an okay price. The new old stock go a little bit more. Also, they're kind of an item where someone buys one to check it out and then realizes they never need another one for any reason ever.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    If you are patient, you can get one for a good price like @Mr. Shaverman said. Mine does not have an aluminum handle. It is too heavy for that. I don't know if it is brass or something else. It is a nice shaver. I got another, without a case, in a lot, but I piffed it away. I really like this little razor and have actually traveled with it.
    travel4.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Boojum1 likes this.
  4. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I found a Gillette Travel Tech with case for a whopping $1.00 at my local thrift shop. Then he marked it down to 50 cents. I Use it once in awhile, it is ok.

DSCN0018[1] (800x600).jpg

Boojum1 likes this.
  5. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Merkur still makes a 4-piece travel razor with its own faux-leather pouch. You can find it at a few shaving sites, such as Italian Barber, Superior Shave, etcetera. :)

Boojum1 likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You can still find good deals on eBay, the travel tech you are referring to are plentiful, pick one up.

Boojum1 likes this.
  7. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

Here's some photo's of my Tech No 26 with a clever 2 piece handle which compacts down by screwing one section into the other.
    Made in England in the 1940's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just used my Travel Tech this morning. Darn near BBS. Great shaver.

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

I have not used my travel tech. The techs and I do not get along very well. [​IMG]

But this traveler is great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. caleb31

caleb31 New Member

i have a couple, quite a lot of fun at times.

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks, adding to the bucket list. I really like the open comb kit.