Shea butter after shaving

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by theFAT98, Nov 23, 2014.

1. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Ok used it for the first time. Definitely makes my skin soft. The only problem is at first it feels very sticky.

Any way to help that? Feels like it takes a while to absorb.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Blend it with a skin-safe oil. That should make it feel smoother & less sticky. Also, use it sparingly. You really don't need much and, as you see, too much doesn't feel so good.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. theFAT98

Yea I used very little but maybe it was still to much. After drying it makes my skin feel very soft.

I think I'm going to like it. I might mix it like you say.

4. theFAT98

Been doing some research. Think I'm going to mix it with avocado oil and sweet almond oil. How much of each should I use. I will be mixing it into 8 ounces of Shea butter.

Also if I wanted to add lavender essential oil how many drops should I add.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Use an ounce of each for a thick cream. Add about 2 teaspoons of lavender.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    theFAT98 likes this.
  6. theFAT98

So I just picked up avocado oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and French lavender essential oil.

Pretty excited to make this mixture.

7. theFAT98

Ok made the mixture. Much better consistency. Mixed 8 ounces of Shea butter with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil, 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, and like 20 drops of French lavender essential oil.

Wow so much better. Smells way better than plain Shea butter. I'm really going to like using it.

Thanks for all the help you guys and gals provided.

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Enjoy!

theFAT98 likes this.
  9. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

My wife and I made the Shea butter moisturizer with olive,grapseed and apricot oil and added EO of sweet orange oil it works great, we will be making it again.

So far from this forum I have made bay rum aftershave,pre-shave oil (2kinds) and Shea butter moisturizer...way cool, now I need a recipe for a longer lasting aftershave/sports splash.