The Haul: November 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My wife and I both have had our Samsung Infuse phones almost 3 years now and it is time for new. These are wonderful big screen phones but hard to hear. Volume is not what it should be. How do you like the I phone

2. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I finally found a Gem "DAMASKENE". Now to clean it up and put it to use for tomorrows shave.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ram57, John Beeman, theFAT98 and 7 others like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

The thing is, my SIM card is not activated yet. But it's fast, nicer colors, bigger screen, lighter, better camera. Everything feels better. It feels a bit "slippery" I'm gonna get a silicone case I think. Or some display protection that adds more friction =Pi have had an iPhone for many years. For me it's an easy decision. But having a Samsung is different =) maybe it's not as natural for you to get an iPhone.

But I love it sofar. I don't think the sound will be a problem at all

4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Nice pick, I like my Damaskeene a bunch.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

$5 at Big Lots - If you want to try some good "knock-off" frags this is one of the best IMO.

Blots.JPG

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the same stuff, not bad.

ram57 and GDCarrington like this.
  7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

my wife thought of me while out and about
    haven't heard of the brand, but it smells nice.
    20141126_175709-1.jpg

ram57, dscaver, Bama Samurai and 7 others like this.
  8. youngunn

Your standard Schick G1 injector in the haul today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ram57, dscaver, ChiefShaver and 9 others like this.
  9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Went on an antique store jaunt yesterday with a buddy. Both of us took treasures home.
    I picked up yet another Old Spice mug (can't have too many) and it came with a very sad brush.
    I also picked up 10 boxes of vintage Gem blades on a card (5 on the front/5 on the back), a not so vintage blue handled VDH boar brush, and an older Ball End Tech with no date code. The Gillette looked like it was just a little grungy but after the initial cleaning I found corrosion so there's a good chance I'll lose some of the gold finish removing the corrosion. It was only 3 bucks so I might just leave it alone and throw it in the collection of non-use razors.
    Next up is a Rolls Razor with a good strop and an excellent stone. I already have a good one but I remembered that somebody mentioned recently in a post about wanting one so I need to do a search and make someone happy.

ih1.jpg ih2.jpg

Next is a Gem PushButton that appears to have hardly been used. Everything is in great shape, there was one blade in the razor and two blades in the 3 blade dispenser that would have come new with the razor. I've already got a gold PushButton and recall it doesn't shave very well but for 3 bucks I couldn't pass this one up.

ih4.jpg ih5.jpg
    ih6.jpg ih7.jpg

And of course, no visit to the Irish Hills would be complete without stopping at Maggard Razors.
    Everything pictured though has to be wrapped up and saved for Christmas.

ih8.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  10. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Today two very beautiful things arrived:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My second Scott Pavkovich Brush. It´s named "Golden Coast". 26mm Virginia Sheng Silvertip set at 50mm. Absolutely stunning!!!

Here together with my first Pavkovich Brush:
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful, aren´t they?! :love029:

And as second i received a Chicman Stick:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Brush will have it´s premiere on Sunday...i´m not sure with the soap...should i use the Chicman soap or a trusted Calani? Don´t know...:signs002:

Greetings
    Thorsten

dscaver, Recklesstr, ram57 and 7 others like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Thorsten, those brushes are sweet! Scott does great work! Enjoy!

ram57 and ChiefShaver like this.
  12. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary. He knows something about brushes. :) I love the knot so deeply. Wonderful soft tips when wet and holds water very well. Can´t wait to lather up on sunday...:happy108:

ram57, HolyRollah and GDCarrington like this.
  13. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

My order of Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Shave Soap, Pre-Shave roll-on and Aftershave arrived today and the soap and AS smell fantastic even though I still have severe sinus issues the aroma still comes through. Can wait to put this package through it's paces on Sunday. Hope it as good as all the hype.

P1040966.JPG

dscaver, ChiefShaver, Boojum1 and 6 others like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

New Acquistion

[​IMG]

dscaver, dbersh, Boojum1 and 6 others like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. youngunn

Picked up some Creamo shave cream tonight.

Boojum1, Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  18. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

Some more unexpected gear from my Father In Law who passed away a year or so ago. My Mother in Law gathered these up and sent them to me, with my wife.
    One Old Spice bottle is empty but I am going to refill it with the contents from a new bottle. There is no soap puck left in the mug but I'll do something about that too. The "Pipe" looking decanter is an Avon item that my wife gave her Dad for Father's day or birthday years ago (and is also empty). Philips battery shaver actually still works after prying out the swollen batteries and giving it a little brush out.
    I'll call this an early Xmas present ;-) PTDarbyNov14_204335b.jpg

ram57, dscaver, ChiefShaver and 7 others like this.
  19. youngunn

Avon made some crazy decanters didn't they?

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. youngunn

Speaking of crazy Avon decanters... Just got a haul from the in laws.

[​IMG]

The moose says it's Deep Woods, the deer doesn't have a tag anymore, but they're both plumb full. The blunderbuss is Everest but empty. In the case they go!

ram57, dscaver, Peter Cupitt and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.