Face latering and exfoliation

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Adelio, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Adelio

Adelio Active Member

I think I have finally settled on bowl lather with my badger brush (Kent BK2) and face lathering with my Omega boar hair. I have read comments about how face lathering exfoliates, but doesn't the process of shaving itself exfoliate to an extent that completely overshadows anything the brush could do? Just wondering.

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

How does one extrapolate exfoliate? Dragging a sharp object over the face should do the trick. I assume the brush is a 'gentle' exfoliation.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My thoughts, as well.

4. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Bingo!

5. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Face-lathering might just work to soften the whiskers a tad more, and nothing else, really. I won't say it contributes, greatly, to exfoliation as the razor will do that, wonderfully, but I just love the feel on my face with a great brush and a wonderful-smelling soap! :happy108:
    Don't over-think this and just enjoy your shaves! :)

swarden43 likes this.
  6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

7. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Face lathering means less swirling time for your hand compared to the bowl lathering
    So this leaves your hand more relaxed to spend that time swirling the brush in your face.

:duel:

8. HUF

HUF Active Member

I do not believe in exfoliation thing. I do enjoy face-lathering. I think extra massaging with brush helps to prepare the skin and hair for shave.