I think Im gonna lose one of my OCD's.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Omelmad, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I dont have many but l do have a couple of small ones.

One of them is that I wash my hands very often, because I feel they are dirty.

I got a "cut" on my finger. Climbed a rope and slide myself down a bit to fast whilst holding on to the rope.

[​IMG]

It not much, I'm not complaining about the cut itself. It happens. But MAAAAN it stings when I wash my hands, it's like getting stabbed hahaha. So the last few days I have not been able to wash my hands as usual. It's hard being forced to really realize you got an OCD and not being able to satisfy that need fully haha

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Put some Super Glue over that. It will sting at first, but will protect it.

richgem likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

not a bad habit to have.
    I've got two daughters who work in hospitals. constant washing is essential.
    entire cruise ships get sick because people don't wash hands enough.

Luziana_Geezer and Omelmad like this.
  4. Omelmad

I usually close a cut with superglue, but I have never put it in an open wound =P

5. Omelmad

I know hygiene is important. But I'm a bit to much, I get dry hands. Recently we have started buying much better soaps, less drying.

6. Omelmad

Does it really Work? Its a very annoying cut =\

Is there nothing in the glue that might be hazardous?

7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I've been a league bowler most of my life and my son is a youth league bowler now. Occasionally you will rub a hole in your thumb, especially if you are bowling in a tournament format where you bowl many times in a day. They make a product called skin patch which is essentially the same thing as a diluted superglue. It burns like hellfire for a moment but it covers and protects the wound. My son split his forehead open as a toddler when he fell against the corner of an end table. The doctor said if he was a girl he would recommend a plastic surgeon but since he was a boy he just superglued it. I don't think there is anything in it that would cause harm.

Omelmad likes this.
  8. Omelmad

I have never seen a product like it here in Sweden. Im just using regular patches. I'm trying to not have them on all the time. I read or heard that a cut like this should be held dry

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I have used Super Glue on cuts and such for decades. No harm done. If you want to find a first aid product of a similar type look for "liquid bandage" and pay a lot more for it.

10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I've used pvc cement before.
    not advice, just the truth.

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Yeah, i can see that working too.

12. Omelmad

I tried that. It was 75kronor, Which is about 10$.

But it has gotten better now. No need for a glue. It was the first 2 days when it was stil raw, contact with water and soap was like pouring 90% alcohol in it

youngunn likes this.
  13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011: Liquid Bandage, another option, works the same way. Stings like all get out at first and more expensive.

14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

The tops of my hands become extremely dry during the winter. They will crack open and bleed if I don't respond quickly. The best thing I have found is unrefined shea butter. I use a small amount, but it is greasy until it absorbs into your skin. I apply it on my hands before bed and a couple of times during the day. I simply wipe the excess off my palms and fingertips. I keep containers of it handy on my bathroom countertop and at work. It is also much less expensive per use than the hand repair creams you find at the drug store.

I hope you find something that works as well or better for your hands! :happy088:

Omelmad likes this.
  15. Omelmad

I might use shea this winter. Those creams are expensive. My girlfriend bought a cream for 20$ at l'occitane. It's expensive BUT very very good and one doesn't need to use alot

wristwatchb likes this.
  16. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Hydrocolloid bandage

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I did a fair amount of research and found a good unrefined shea butter product on Amazon. This is different than a shea cream. It costs $45 for a 16-oz. tub, which is easily a year's supply for me. Check out the reviews if you're interested. At this time of year, my hands would be a mess without this stuff. It is a lifesaver for me. (I'm not affiliated with the product in any way...just happy that I found something that works after 20+ years.)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    Omelmad likes this.
  18. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Let me save ya a few bucks next time you buy. Something tells me that it's the same stuff in a different container.

http://www.soap-making-resource.com/shea-butter-for-soap-making.html

19. Omelmad

I don't have that big of a problem. I do get dry hands and occasional crack but it's nothing an ordinary hand cream can't fix.

I do want to try shea butter though, but I won't be getting it from the US =P if I buy I'll buy it from the UK(I live in Sweden)

How big of amount does one need per serving?

20. Omelmad