It's Back....

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Mr. Shaverman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

In the UK anyway.... Photo (if it works) is from a friend in the UK who saw it while Christmas shopping.

[​IMG]

2. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I hope in the States too. I can't remember if I liked it & want to sniff it again.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I remember the stuff. Along with bell bottoms and feathered hair.

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

It looks very familiar!

5. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Vermont Country Store is selling it online in the states, but be prepared for a wee sticker shock (it'd be over-priced at half what they're asking IMO). :shocked003:

Hai Karate was well known by their adverts of course, and the more contemporary scottish sitcom Still Game did a bit with the Hai Karate in the first scene of the 2002 episode Waddin...starts about 1:25...

:happy108::happy108:

6. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

No way.

7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yes way.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  8. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I didn't stop watching once the Hai Karate bit was over... this is a hilarious sitcom, albeit somewhat difficult to understand at times, the curse words were plentiful and easy to pick out of the brogue.

9. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I was still a bit too young when it was popular. I just remember all the TV commercials.

Slow Joe likes this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've been really tempting to buy it through Vermont Country store but if my bad memory serves me right it was about $40 for a bottle which made me less tempted.
    If this would end up my local WalgreVS for $10 I'd be all over it!

Mr. Shaverman and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Btw, it looks as if these are selling on the UK Ebay site now but I couldn't see anyone who was dodgy enough to ship to the US. Bah.

12. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I don't think it's available anymore, but in mid-October of this year, the guy who ran howtogrowamoustache.com had a limited edition "Lo Haiku" copy of Hai Karate for sale in the form of soap and aftershave. I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.

13. Hollow Ground

Hollow Ground New Member

It's plentiful in the UK, for $4 in a toiletry chain shop called 'Savers'. The scent and brand was restored by a new owner. Not sure it's very popular, I bought a bottle a while ago and I do like it.

Basically it's smells almost like Clubman just with less chemical note and it's last far longer than the Pinaud as well.

Nice floral powdery note tho if you have the Clubman you basically talking about the same scent.

14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Almost everything Vermont Country Store offers is overpriced.

BigMark likes this.
  15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Truth

BigMark likes this.
  16. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I love the scent of Clubman. I'd like a longer lasting version, so I'd love the opportunity to get this at a good price. Might be difficult if Vermont Country Store is the only source. :(

17. Hollow Ground

Hollow Ground New Member

I would love to help but the British mail don't ship after shaves outside of the UK.

18. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

While a longer lasting "Original Clubman" scent sounds VERY applealing to me, at $45.95 a bottle plus shipping VCS can keep it. I also noticed they sell Murray & Lanman Florida water for $10 a bottle(3x the price I pay locally) and a Kreiger(JUNK) straight razor for $59.95!! He has a lot of interesting inventory, but it seems mostly "GROSSLY" overpriced!! How does this guy stay in business??:confused:

I just did a quick search for Hai Karate after shave. Go to Best-Price.com and check out those prices. :happy097:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Wow. That was my "go-to" when I was in high school. Used to pour that on like water before my dates. Hey, anything to gain an advantage, right? Hadn't thought of that stuff in many years.

Omelmad likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Still not available over here in the colonies. :(

Mr. Shaverman and Omelmad like this.