SoS: December 15, 2014 - December 21, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

What? No 7-sided dice?

macaronus, Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

crackstar likes this.
  3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

That is a lovely brush handle! I bet it would look great in the sunlight! :D

Bama Samurai, youngunn, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  4. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you for your kind words. :ashamed001: Yes, it is a crystal. :)

Bama Samurai, ram57 and crackstar like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod141220.jpg
    December 20's ZCOLDWATER.jpg

Nivea Men's Face Wash
    Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
    Gillette NEW
    Feather Hi-Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Vegetal

The Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap face-lathered well with my
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes with my Gillette NEW and Feather Hi-Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Vegetal after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  6. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Had a nice shave today, first time that I used shave soap, D.R. Harris Marlborough. Really enjoyed it, good lather, slick, face felt great after my shave. R41, Chrystal blade, coral skin food preshave and aftershave.

7. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Shave of the Day

Best Shave of My Life, AGAIN

[​IMG]

Prep: Hot bath, Somerset's Pre-shave Oil
    Razor: 1959 Gillette 195 Adjustable
    Blade: Supermax Titanium (1)
    Brush: New Forest 2204 High Mountain Badger
    Lather: The Shave Den Shop Lanolin Soap - Temptation
    Shave (setting): 3 passes; WTG (7), XTG (7), ATG (7)

So... Just when I think I've had the best shave of my life. This shave happens.

It's like I've never truly known BBS until now. Is there a level past BBS? Ultra BBS? I'm there.

What an unbelievable shave. I remember absolutely loving these Supermax Titanium blades the last time I used one, which was probably last year. Finances didn't allow for a reorder at the time but I just recently picked up 20 of them. I STILL love these guys. Just a fantastic blade. Super sharp, and SMOOTH. Smoother than Voskhod which for me is probably the smoothest before I used these tonight. The Fatboy just mowed everything down and delivered. I remember why I love this razor again.

This is a blade/razor combo to put an exclamation mark by in my shave diary I keep. (yes I keep a shave diary on my phone lol)

(can't stop facesturbating. Lol)

G'night gents

EDIT: oh, and log on to The Shave Den Shop and get some of the great soap and creams, this Lanolin stuff was amazing tonight. Super good skincare.

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Saturday!
    • Music: Gorillaz, Plastic Beach
    • Prep: hot shower, hot washing cloth
    • Brush: Dickinson & Gilroys travel boar
    • Soap: Palmolive stick
    • Razor: Gillette OC OS
    • Blade: Swann-Morton Skin Graft blade / Personna Red #1
    • Shave: 3-pass + touch-up

Got the Swann-Morton blade a while ago as an extra in a PIF. So I figured: let's try it!

Bad. Idea.

The package says it is setrilized by gamma radiation so I've got that going for me, but the blade was DULL. So I swapped the blade for a Personna Red for the 2nd and next passes. Now there is a difference! I had to check if I had loaded the Personna blade. Didn't feel it. Need I say it resulted in an excellent shave? Coz' it did!

Have a great weekend, ya'll! Make it count!

SoS 2014-12-20.jpg

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/7 AM day 5
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

On a -15C morning, who'd be crazy enough to shave with a soap as frigid as the Frost_byte? Me, myself, and I! Man alive, I love this stuff so damn mucho - it does everything I want it to do because it lathers in a second, it freezes the living daylights out of me, and it gives great skincare. The Gold Bond moisturizer soothed my skin and provided plenty of extra cooling so that the chill continued. The Rubby Dubby Doo almost knocked me for a loop when I slapped it on - wow, did it feel intense. BBS again with so little effort. ;) :D

10. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Saturday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: Cold Water Soap Works-Bergamot & Bay
    Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
    Brush: Elite Razor Silvertip-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Country Club-Modern Fougere

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

CRSW Bergamot & Bay today. 20 seconds: load & go with the ER brush. Quick, easy, great lather. Gillette Platinum still in the NEW SC. Smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Country Club Modern Fougere.

Bob

[​IMG]

12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    semouge 620 boar
    LaToja shave stick
    Gillette fatboy(d4)(7)
    Derby extra(1)
    ICED Aqua Velva musk
    today's shave went well. I face lathered Latoja using my wild boar. I called it wild because every time I use it, the bloom must be tamed.
    I always heard bad things about Derby blades. I had a tuck, free-be from a razor purchase. I tried them today, three passes for a very close shave. pretty comfortable for now. finished with iced musk.
    hope y'all did as well, or better.
    20141220_090139-1.jpg

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:happy088:

Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Grelot Lotus
    TOBS Sandalwood
    homemade brush
    If I decide to shave today this will be the combo. I'm guessing no shave today, however. The semi completed handle is for a Shavemac knot I have coming. I ordered a pure knot, a 25mm fan, just because Ive never tried one of Shavemac's pure. The rest of their hair I have covered. I'm also waiting on a couple of razors from Santa (who looks alot like me, btw). Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

12/20/14

Prep: Warm wash and homemade PSO
    Lather: St. James of London Mandarin & Patchouli
    Brush: Vie-Long 13061M
    Razor: Gillette Tech
    Blade: Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)

3 simple passes this morning - WTG, ATG and XTG. I've not used the Tech for a while and the shave, while effortless, leaves a little to be desired around my chin. Maybe I'll use this razor for a week or two to see if I can't make it behave again.

[​IMG]

16. RaZorBurn123

SOTD
    December 20, 2014

Prep: Hot shower. Axe Shield Face Wash
    Razor: iKon SC102 Slant Head/iKon Handle
    Blade: Gillette Nacet
    Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
    Lather: Huntlee Super Smooth Southsea Spray
    Aftershave: Fine Platinum. Axe Shield Sensitive

A couple first this morning, Huntlee SS Southsea Spray, nice lather, slick, reminds me of TOBS. Gillette Nacet, I was reminded of @Darkbulb comment to me yesterday in the haul yesterday of his razor in regards to these blades. First impressions, buy Ladas.
    Go out and get it!
    image.jpg

17. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

Saturday 20th December

[​IMG]

Warm shower
    Hot towel
    Mike's Barbershop scuttle lathered
    Finest Badger brush made by myself
    Gillette Big Fellow (Old Type 1920)
    Astra SP (1)
    Cold rinse
    Thayers Lavender witch hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    Saturday, December 20, 2014

Prep: Hot Shower, Stirling Bath Soap - Barbershop, Neutrogena Face Wash
    Razor: iKon 102
    Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum - #4
    Brush: Whipped Dog Boar
    Lather: HGAM Synergy - Gondolier
    Aftershave: HTGAM Cologne/Aftershave - Gondolier

Wham bam thank you...shave today. Can't say enough about the iKon 102. It's a great shaver. I can't put it down. Easy to see why so many love it. A DFS on one pass + clean up. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend preparing for the holidays. Have a great shave today!:happy088:

19. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

The Swann Morton's are made locally to me, not sure if they're still doing the blade you used today. The Jewel DE blades no longer made were from the same group and they were poor :( The scalpel blades are good though.

20. RaZorBurn123

Mark,
    That's the same way I feel, it's hard to put the SC102 down. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. :happy088:
    Kerry