When should I move on to a second safety razor?

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by hepdog688, Dec 19, 2014.

1. hepdog688

hepdog688 New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice!

2. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!

3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Learning on an adjustable safety razor is said to be more difficult than learning on a non-adjustable razor. The reasoning is that the adjustment adds an additional factor to deal with. Or so the conventional wisdom goes. Of course, it might well be true that learning on an adjustable is easier. Regardless, if you are getting consistently good shaves with razor A, then trying razor B can be done at your convenience. It is important to develop your technique so that you get good shaves with razor A first, however. This is especially well stated in GDCarrington's 30-day rule, found in many threads here and quoted below:
    Whether or not you took the easy way out does not matter. Sometimes, the easiest way is also the best way. It is the quality of your shaves and your level of satisfaction that count. Practicing shaving without a blade first was obviously a wise move. Well done!

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Welcome to The Shave Den and good luck with the razors!

5. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den - I am fairly new myself. I started with the Tech I stumbled upon at a local antique store. - It has been a great little workhorse.

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here