The Haul: January 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Yeah..no. Let it dry down on your skin....it's a little too much straight off the bottle.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Wonderful things arrived today:

[​IMG]
    RazoRock for Chicago...i didn´t know about this soap days before. But because i´m such a huge Chicago Fan, it was clear that this soap HAS TO BE MINE!!! ;)

[​IMG]
    The most of us know the Mitchell´s. A great performer for me with a great scent. I would buy it again and again.

[​IMG]
    Calani Beard Oil and Boca Chica Body-Oil. The Beard Oil can be used for dry skin or flakes on your scalp as well as a preshave oil. I will try it out tomorrow. The Body-Oil smells AMAZING!!! A wonderful mix of Ananas and Coconut. Brings back the summer!!! Absolutely stunning!!! Great job Cathy!!! :love029:

Greetings
    Thorsten​

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Noticed a HUGE Asian market while driving around today. We stopped in; was hoping to find shaving stuff but Liushen Florida water was the only thing even close. It's definitely not as...florid as the version that went around in last year's travel box. Menthol and powder. LOTS of powder, and it sticks around awhile judging by my wrist 2 hours later. $3 a bottle would do you find if you are into powder. LOTS of powder. Nothing BUT powder, in fact (so I did not buy it).

But I bought some European formula Ovaltine for the kids. Heard it was better, we'll see.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  4. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

razors.jpg

My entry (some of it) from Russian Blade-a-palooza, a WD Silvertip 24x47, and the Merkur Sledgehammer

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Russian blades galore this month. On another note, I thought I was buying a lot of razors for the Blue Tip and a Rocket. Surprise!! It's an Aristocrat Jr. ...Awesome

[​IMG]

6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Finally got my YUMA 4 dollar shipped special from Turkey. It's going in my bug out bag / emergency kit. Can't beat the deal.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So during the zombie apocalypse you'll be shaving with the Yuma for years and years...are you sure you thought that through? ;)

8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I can't bear having a nice razor hidden away in a bag that I may never use... So.

But I shaved with the Yuma and was happy with the performance. It'll do. But if stuff hits the fan I may scoop a handful of razors and soap into a Walmart bag.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Living in California I really should have a bug out bag ready. I think that will be my to-do next month. I think I'll put a Gillette NEW and a couple of Arko sticks in it

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You might want to get a dingy to go with that bug out bag.
    image.jpg

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just scored this one. Been wanting a Dorko for a long time 7/8 NOS dorko1.jpg dorko2.jpg

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

How about a review on the Chicago

Chuck F and Darkbulb like this.
  13. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Saturday's delivery. All my Stirling goodies got here, along with samples of their Tuscany and Babershop (loving this scent) bath soaps that they threw in gratis.

Really liking the bath soaps so far, not at all drying like most retail "soaps". Haven't tried the shave soaps yet, since I'm just finishing up my Dr Jon's sample run.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  14. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Yeah, I'd be interested to hear what it smells like. Hot dogs and celery salt? Italian Beef gravy and giardinara? Frying smelts? Ditka's moustache? Jordan's moustache? Cutler's flopsweat?

I got a kick out of Joe's sort of passive-aggressive description of this soap:

I guess he and Merz/Q Brothers must have had a falling out.

Slow Joe likes this.
  15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I picked up 40 Gillette "Spoiler" Super Stainless blades! My Russian Rapira Swedish Supersteel and Platinum Lux will be here tomorrow. I am set for some time now with these added to my blades.

[​IMG]

16. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

[​IMG]

Some of these things were acquired locally, buy the Palmolives were ordered from Bullgoose.

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It's like looking at a shopping cart from 1957. Love it ;)

Ryan B likes this.
  18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

The bristles on the Burma brush came from China, but I suppose I can have an almost all- American shave with some Personna Lab blades and either my vintage Williams, Colgate Cup soap, or vintage Palmolive Lather cream made in the 50's.

Bobcat likes this.
  19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

What is a bug out bag?

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Bama Samurai and Omelmad like this.