How's your day? January 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Today is ok...but trying to mentally prepare for having to get up at 4:30am tomorrow morning.
    Is 4:30am even considered morning?! It's night-time in my book!

What makes it even worse is that I have to venture down to that crummy South Bay area ;)

Slow Joe, GDCarrington and BigMark like this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Welcome to my world! :D

You sound like my sons who, on their days off from work, stay up all night & hit the rack about 3 or 4 in the morn.

Just think of it as SF without the crowds of homeless people, tourists, crazed bicycle messengers or insane bus drivers...and with sunshine! :D

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

4:30am Mon-Fri for me.
    I leave the house at 6:50. So what's going on during all that time?

4:30 up, grab a cup of coffee, hit the bathroom
    By 5:30 I'm done with my shower and shave - I DO NOT rush.
    Up stairs to dress and do some Bible reading and prayer
    6:00 down for breakfast, then brush my teeth
    6:20 devotion time and more prayer with my wife
    6:30 wax the bars
    Watch some news until 6:50

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

My plan is to be up at 4:30am and be out the door by 5am (otherwise I'll miss the train...).
    It's not that I dislike early morn....ok, I dislike early morning :)

Slow Joe, Mr. Shaverman and swarden43 like this.
  5. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I love being up early. I used to love getting up at 4 A.M however my current employment situation does not rely on it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We finally took the Christmas & Chanukah decoratioons down today. Sigh.

Tdmsu, RaZorBurn123 and clint64 like this.
  7. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Woke up this morning to no running water... again. yay. :angry032: At this point, I'm about convinced it's the foot valve. That's about the only thing I haven't actually laid eyes on. crap crap crap.

On a lighter note, ordered a new SSD for my old wacom penabled tablet! I'm going to try making the switch over to Ubuntu on it, and go full open-source with my art production. I'm expecting a performance boost, and to be able to get earlier access to some better features on the software I use because the programs are all native to linux and then ported to windows.

Speaking of graphic work... there was a discussion on the linux subreddit yesterday, and somebody referred to Open source fanatics as "Stallmanists" and wanted a Stalin era propaganda poster with Richard Stallman's face on it. Unable to let a good inside joke go to waste, I had to make this:

[​IMG]

Sadly, it isn't getting near the response I had hoped it would. I don't know why I bother.

8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Many years ago, we lived in a house that was very popular with skunks. I had 2 box traps and would catch a skunk almost every day. I would take a tarp and cover the trap and stick a vacuum cleaner hose in the tailpipe of a car and help the skunk go to sleep. We soon discovered that the exhaust of then then newer automobiles didn't have enough carbon monoxide to dispatch a skunk, so I used a small horsetrough to drown the skunks. I think I removed about 30 skunks from circulation during one winter. We perpetually smelled of eau-de-Mephitis mephitis and Tide laundry soap. I shot skunks, trapped skunks and generally felt like my life was all about skunks for that winter/spring.

Fast forward 18-20 years. New house next to an old farm house in the middle of dry fields. We've been smelling a little faint skunk smell over the past few weeks, but only outside. I went to the local farm supply store yesterday and bought a live trap and set it by the skunk hole under the old farm house porch. My wife was nervous that we would catch a cat and the poor thing would sit all night in the trap. Well, I walked out the morning to look at the trap and saw the beady eyes and distinctive white stripe of Pepe Le Pew.

Now I have to decide what to do with him....

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Introduce him to a cat that accidentally got white paint on her tail?

10. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Enjoying my morning coffee and going to an indoor flea-market with my daughter. She has just started her last semester of nursing and has just broken up with her boyfriend.

11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

See my post on the 30 day shave challenge thread for an update.

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A day of coffee shops and Japanese food. Not at the same time.[​IMG]

Alco, took my laptop down to a repair shop in the city and after having tried starting it 10+ times at home it starts riiiight away at the store.... Ugh...

Now I have a new laptop arriving Monday while this one seems to be fine... Guess I'll use it this weekend and if I don't see any issues with it I'll return the new one unopened to Amazon.

Tidbit: the two repair guys warned me that I should not have hibernate active on any laptop running win8 as it has a tendency of creating HD issues after a while.

macaronus and GDCarrington like this.
  13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

[​IMG]

I'm not very happy about reading in English, but the good thing is it is a very interesting book and im learning a lot. About management and I'm also developing my English skills =P

Slow Joe and macaronus like this.
  14. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Going to a different coffee shop now? Not the same view as usual.

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Mixing it up ;)

Omelmad likes this.
  16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

is that shop in Scottsdale? Looks familiar

Darkbulb likes this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I have to admit that when you didn't post your coffee shop pic in the morning, I was missing it. But, you did post one later, so all's good. :)

Slow Joe and Darkbulb like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sorry it's in San Francisco and as far as I know Philz is just in California (but at a lot of places here...)

19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm pretty sure that's not the way to do a selfie. :rofl:

Slow Joe likes this.
  20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I dont do selfies hahaha its a picture of my view for a couple of days forward