Are your shaves usually...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Gilligan and Walter, Jan 24, 2015.

?

Are your shaves usually...

Poll closed Feb 23, 2015.
  1. BBS (Baby Butt Smooth)

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. DFS (Damn Fine Shave)

40 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. CCS (Close Comfortable Shave)

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. SAS (Socially Acceptable Shave)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Other

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I chose DFS, but it's more a combination of BBS on my cheeks almost everyday, and CCS on my neck.
    I sometimes get a very good shave on my neck, too, and thankfully it's becoming more frequent as my technique with my 39c improves and gets more consistent.
    The slant helps me resist that extra touch up on my neck that leads to irritation.

Gilligan and Walter likes this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I just go for a CCS on my face. My scalp, however, is nearly always CBS - Cue Ball Smooth!

3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Like Steve, I have obtained a pretty good balance between my razors, blades, soaps, and brushes. So.....DFS to BBS.

4. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

BBS about 1 out of 10.
    DFS about 7 out of 10.
    CCS about 2 out of 10.

5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Since there's no known way to measure or define the difference between DFS,CCS and SAS I guess I always get one of them. I never go for BBS because I never shave against the grain, just two WTG passes every time.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I do two passes, one WTG and one ATG. 9 times out of 10 it is DFS, that other shave is usually BBS. I rarely get a CCS.

7. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I usually shave every other day now, seem to get a better shave somehow, every other day gives me a great, close, smooth shave!!

Mustache and Gilligan and Walter like this.
  8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Same here. Generally always a DFS with the surprising BBS thrown in enough to keep it interesting.

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I usually go for CCS as if I get much closer, then I don't have a reason to shave every day. On the weekends, I will go for DFS or even BBS, but I have trouble getting the neck too smooth.

10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

BBS, however I've only been at this for a couple of weeks. I also am a twofer. I shave twice daily on most days.

Gilligan and Walter and Troy M like this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

This is my routine as well, except that the BBS is a very rare bird here. If I do enough to get a BBS, I end up with irritation.

My shave is under 5 minutes and always comfortable.

12. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Mine are usually between DFS & CCS. Sunday is BBS before church and it will allow me to skip Monday shaving. Saturday and Monday are usually off days for me............

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Mostly DFS with many BBS as well. Depends upon how much I want the BBS.

14. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

100% BBS. By no means do I ever try to get it though.
    I listen to EVERYTHING on these forums.
    Don't rush a shave, ever!
    Amazing preparation routine - biggest difference
    Minimal pressure used
    Know my beard direction 100%
    Technique, I believe, is as good as it can be

15. tales1973

tales1973 Member

nOOb, DFS

16. baldeez88

baldeez88 Member

My head shaves tend to be BBS, but my face shaves are SAS.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  17. Steinbeckian

Steinbeckian Active Member

I would say so far, it would be in the DFS category. I've gotten BBS on the "easy" spots, but that nagging jawline still tends toward the former. Honestly, as long as I don't look like a hobo at work, I'm pretty happy. (For the record, I do not work as a hobo.... else that would be entirely counterproductive)

dscaver and Gilligan and Walter like this.
  18. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

Yesterday, managed to improve my daily shave from the usual CCC to a DFS! Either the planets must have been aligned, or it may have been the Badger / Proraso Sandalwood cream combo. At any rate, best shave so far in my first dozen De shaves!

19. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

Shaves finally moved up to mostly DFS! No razor burn, only one small nick so far. Woohoo!

clint64 likes this.
  20. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

Must say my shaves are normally DFS. I never chase the BBS because in just an hour or so it becomes stubble again.